A route planning out questing run or some such wouldn't be particularly useful without a flying mount due to the terrain, unless the zone is relatively flat like Tanaris. However, we'll think about adding note support.
Heh, actually it would be good if you're like me and avoid questing in the later 60's so you can reap the XP->gold rewards at 70..
I am having a problem when adding more than one herbalism route to a zone. I created a route in Terrokar called TC1 and select the terocone nodes (currently 13 in my db). I set up the attributes and it looks great.
Now I create a route called FW1 and select only the felweed nodes (something like 26). I set up a different color and such but then it says there are 39 nodes total. I finish it and this route touches all of the terocone and felweed nodes.
No errors or bug reports, just not the behaviour I expect. Any ideas?
I'm very excited about this mod but haven't got it to work quite yet. I have cartographer, cartographer_routes, cartographer_mining/herbalism etc. I'm able to add a new route with no errors anywhere, but I simply don't see lines on any of my maps.
I have the alpha set to 100% and I picked a red color. I've tried with the hidden box checked and unchecked, I've tried all the different ways to optimize, etc
In another post you said to make sure you've allowed drawing on the map, but I haven't seen any option to allow/disallow that. Maybe its disabled somewhere? Help I wanna use this :p
edit:I've downloaded a few different versions of cartographer from various sources and have the same problem with them all. :p
Great tool for farming, really. I just have two little problems:
1. When I generate a route for Nagrand (both mining and herbs), the minimap lines are not drawn. Bugsack says that 'id' on line 763 of Cartographer_Notes/Notes.lua is nil. I've tracked this error down to line 479 of Cartographer_Routes/Core.lua. Cartographer_Notes.getXY returns nil there. If you need anything more, let me know.
2. Whenever I have routes on and start mining or picking a herb, there's a short freeze (about half a second). According to Expo, Cartographer_Notes.DispatchEvent takes undue amounts of time to execute. Do you run the TSP algorithm whenever a node is picked? If yes, please make it an option.
1. It sounds like you may have corrupted data in your herbs or mining data.
2. TSP algorithm doesn't run when you pick a new herb/mine. However, it does try to insert the node in the best spot in the existing routes, so if your existing route has 300 nodes then it tries to find the best place out of 300 possible insert points to insert it in, this calculation takes nearly 0 amount of time.
I've tried importing the 'notes' with Cartographer_Import, which gives me an error (included at the end of the post) and a success message "Cartographer_Import: Done Importing Notes".
However, when I go to add a route (having just installed Cartographer and not having located any herbalism nodes since I'm in an inn to work this out) it says that I have no data points (herbs, ores or chests).
Any suggestions for how I could get this to work would be greatly appreciated :)
EDIT: Using routes for nodes I've found after installing cartography works for me.
Interface\AddOns\Cartographer_Import\GatherNodes.lua:3: attempt to index global 'GathererDB' (a nil value)
What I've Done:
Addons in the Interface\AddOns folder (all downloaded today from http://files.wowace.com/sw-c.html):
Alterations to AddOns:
1-Saved the Gatherer and GathererDB_Wowhead (from the official site) to a dummy Interface file, then ran them independent of all Cartographer AddOns to verify that they work (fresh lvl 6 character). Successfully imported the Wowhead database into Gatherer which was active when I found peacebloom and silverleaf as a herbalist)
2-Moved Gatherer and GathererDB_Wowhead from the Interface to the dummy file again
3-Copied the DB_WowheadData.lua to the Cartographer_Import folder, renamed to GatherNodes.lua (this is the name of the original Gatherer lua file that you need to import to get the data. I've also tried this with using just the original gatherer lua file as per the only directions I could find on how to make it work (http://wow.curse.com/downloads/details/157/):
"IMPORTING MAP NOTES From MetaMap, CT_MapMod or Gatherer to Cartographer
1. Find the folder ..\World of Warcraft\WTF\Account\YOUR-LOGIN-NAME\Saved Variables\
2. Once there find the file named MetaMap.lua and copy it (this also applies to Gatherer.lua and
3. Find the folder ..\World of Warcraft\Interface\Addons\Cartographer_Import\
4. Paste the file MetaMap.lua that you just copied inside the folder ..\Cartographer_Import\
5. Launch the game and open your the map and click on the cartographer button
6. From the Cartographer drop down list choose "Icon packs" and make sure that "Metamap Iconpack",
"Gatherer Iconpack", CT_MapMod Iconpack" and "Enabled" are all checked.
7. Enjoy your MetaMap Notes in Cartographer!"
On the Cartographer drop down list, I have no "Icon packs".
4-Bug Xinhuan and Grum for help :)
Figwit, I cannot give you any support on how Cartographer_Import works to import in Gatherer data. My best advice to you is simply to uninstall Gatherer completely, and just install Cartographer.
There is an addon on wowace called Cartographer_Data that is updated weekly and is a datamined version of all nodes found on wowhead. All you need to do is to install Cartographer_Data normally as an addon, login and logout and you can disable/delete this forever.