In the last few days I've noticed that when approaching a recorded herb spot, the minimap icon does not turn into a nice circle anymore. Instead, the herb icon nearly doubles in size. This makes it extremely difficult to use the minimap to track herbs, since the icon now covers any herb node that may be there.
As well, when recording a new herb node, while the icon that appears on the world map shows the correct herb, the minimap shows the icon of a different herb, about 2/3 of the time. Just now I found a new Terocone, and got a Ragveil icon on the minimap after I picked it. Once I'm some distance away (about the distance a circle should turn back into an icon) the icon returns to normal size and transforms into the correct herb icon.
Is this a known issue, or if not, is there anything else I can do to help pinpoint the problem?
Happening with Mining too... just mined three copper veins on a new alt and got a flight master icon, a peacebloom icon, and a silverleaf icon. Once I am out of the range where they *should* be circles, they reverted to the correct copper icon. On approaching them again, no circle, just an enlarged icon.
C'mon, I can't be the only one having this problem. Anyone?
Whatever changes were made in the latest Cartographer (not the Herb/Mine plugins) seem to have fixed the issue for me.
And hehe, British... I'm not sure if I was luckier or not. I ended up turning off minimap icons altogether because I couldn't see the yellow dot for spawned nodes. The only reason I can think of that you wouldn't get any icons at all would be if you'd turned them off, but if you've deleted the saved variables that shouldn't be the problem. Good luck.
Here's what worked for me: deleting Cartographer and the herbalism/mining plugins, and their saved variables (keeping a backup of my herb/mine files), then reinstalling fresh copies, logging in, setting up Cartographer, finding an herb node and harvesting it, making sure it worked correctly with the circle/icon, then logging out and restoring my old herb/mine saved variables.
I'm not sure why all those steps were necessary (deleting the addons you can skip if you're sure you're really overwriting them with the new copies), but simply updating did not work, nor did deleting only the Carto SVs and logging in first with the old ones.