i am sorry if this has been asked allready. tbh i am in a little rush, at office and boss just came in, haha.
anyways... stuff i'd LOVE to see in cartographer:
1) TOFU doesn't seem to get broadcasted... i see everything our first lvl70 guildy has discovered in outlands... except flightpath. not even in POI version... and he has all carto modules and tofu installed.
2) search function... i think this is really a must with all the map full of vendors to search a name (or part of it) and the map only display that name until you close map. and go back to default setting displaying all once you reach that coordinates or just if you cancel the search
3) a completely new module like "recipe radar" to be able to click on a vendor in carto and a popup or something telling you what recipes he sells. might be good with a predefined database and a search function.
4) some sort of link with quests_fu and create a database of completed quests or something the like. (i just came up with this, maybe it's not a good idea)
5) could carto_instances automaticly add new loot detected on a boss? if we get a drop that was not on the list, add it. or let us add it manually and broadcast to guild?
6) old hillsbrad "cheat" :) when in old hillsbrad, the worldmap (carto) shows tanaris. i'd like to have the hillsbrad map (with instance note about bosses, etc) once inside the instance. the same goes for the other caverns of time instances, tho i've not been there in those. i know one of them is in the swamp of sorrows map and carto shows tanaris.
7) is there any way i could collaborate to help fill in instance_lootnotes? i made my whole guild install carto (the thing showing guildmembers and all the tooltip on map is awesome btw) and i think i could advantage of all that info somehow, maybe export our quest/vendor data to share with others or something.
8) last but not least: when ppl. broadcasts info... i dont know when they start or when they're done. i only see if a error happens like "that note exists allready" but when i ask a mining mate to please broadcast... i'd like to see when the broadcast started, when it ended, and how many new items were added.
9) something like extended tooltip (a lootlink ace mod): it has a predefined database that can get updated by wowace updater. you can easily: a) pause the mod from gathering new item links b) wipe all it's database c) activate the downloaded database. so, for example if i want to free loads of memory, i pause it, dump all data and get 5-10mb of memory back. and once i need it again i just click on "import downloaded database" again. as cartographer and all the stuff i requested in this post increases the database... maybe there could be something similar?
king regards and nice going with this ace mod. and i am not talking about ace2 but i mean it IS ace :D