Please try out the latest release 3.15. It adds two sliders for adjusting the edge size (Border Width Adjustment) and the offset of the border relative to the bar (Border Offset Adjustment). They are adjustments on top of the auto-scaling, so it doesn't change the current default, and the standard textures will still scale properly when resizing for users who do not change these sliders. This should make it possible to fine tune the display of any border texture if required. Let me know if it covers your needs, or if it still needs some work.
casualblair: i'm not sure exactly what the mechanics are with pushback and channeling anymore. Do you have some links to some solid information about this?
First of all awesome addon been using it for some time, but recently we have been doing chogall heroic and when we get 100% corruption in that fight which makes all casts instant after a transform , the addon is causing a full client lockup up with not responding, we have definatly narrowed it down to castbars across 2 differant mages with 2 differant ui setups, using quartz stops it happening but id love to continue using castbars. is there any chance this can be fixed :)
Thanks, that is highly appreciated as i have no way to test it myself. There's only one place i can imagine it would lock up, and that was changed in 3.20, so it would be very valuable to know if that change caused the problem.
Ok, can you try out 3.24 instead (just released), that contains a change that will probably fix it by properly protecting the only loop in the entire code that could spin forever (and would, if spells are instant cast). Only thing i don't understand is that you're saying it happens when you cast Pyroblast, but the bug can only be triggered when casting channeled spells (the code that renders the ticks), so either you're remembering wrong, or something else is at play. Let me know if it works for you, so i can close the ticket.
it was defiantly pyroblast that i was casting and it also happened to another mage that was arcane blasting, i will try this definatly when i meet chogall again, atm hes dead and we are busy with sinestra, but as soon as i do ill be back with some feedback, sry it cant be quicker.
Actually thinking about it, it could of been the second we hit evocation during that part, so it might not have been pyroblast, i just assumed it was as thats the spell being spammed most at the time.
Pillze: I thought so, there's no doubt it's evocation that triggers it for you (not Pyroblast). I can reproduce that, another player reported that, and i already made a fix for it. Anyway, thanks for helping out fixing it!
Raeli87: The number of ticks is calculated based on the effective haste at the moment the channeling starts, and it automatically accounts for talents and temporary effects that modify haste.
Thanks for your reply! I introduced Castbars to my friends, they like it a lot. They and I have got some questions after using it for a while that I couldn't figure out myself so I'll ask here:
1. Is it possible to show the shield icon on all classes instead of the classes with an interrupt? From my observation it never shows for my priest.
2. Shielded bar is huge! Could I adjust how large is the shield icon and the bar?
3. What is the lighter red latency zone? And, is it possible to show latency zone for non-combat skills like mount, tradeskills etc.?
1. not sure, this is under Blizzard control, so if it doesn't show in the default UI it doesn't show in Castbars, because it uses the Blizzard API's and events for this.
2. only by making the bar smaller
3. "Queue Zone and Latency Indicator: Estimates the queue zone in which another spell can be successfully cast while casting (dark red). The queue zone is offset by the current cast latency (shown in red), and adjusted with the client lockout period for maximum accuracy.". In other words, if you're chain casting you should tap the button when the bar is inside the dark red zone, as that is the period where both the client and the server will accept the next spell cast command. If there is no dark red area it's because there is no queue zone for the current cast (happens when you have a lot of haste). If you delay the spell cast until you're inside the (light) red area there will be an increased chance of a short delay on the server between the two spell casts and you loose a little dps(/hps). The latency is disabled for mounts and tradeskills because it isn't useful for these, and some information is not readily available for some of the queue zone calculations for these abilities (nor would they make sense).
1. Yeah that's what I've been thinking too. I just tested it that for priests the bz default cast bar wont show the shield icon either. :/
3. ty for the explanation. The reason behind the request for latency zone for mount/tradeskill is that I constantly playing at around 500ms latency. So when mounting I'm used to move/jump in the latency zone, and when prospecting/disenchanting I chain cast them in the queue zone.