Gave SpellReminder a try and I liked a few things but decided to stick with Sorren's for now. Some feedback and ideas though:
- I noticed it shares an issue with most other timer bar addons (including Sorren's) that I've tried: most configuration changes don't apply to already active bars. This makes it quite arduous to set the addons up the first time. Also, after I changed settings, the behavior of pre-existing bars became strange or stopped updating altogether.
- Some sorting options would be nice (normal, reverse, time left ascending, time left descending, etc., possibly in combination with target name).
- Ability to track spells only in certain contexts. Currently only "all" or "only on self" are supported, but things like "only on others" or "only on party" or "only on raid" might be nice.
- Ability to assign specific spells to specific bars, including custom bars, both for regular and emphasis states.
- Reduced whitespace around the numerical time display. Maybe even integrate it into the configurable text field as a % tag.
- More bar color options. Some ideas include: default colors by spell type/class, ability to fade from one color to another, ability to change alpha settings (by anchor if not by bar).
Hi! Thank you both for your messages. Djidiouf: i have fixed the bugs you experianced. As usual, was a case of my stupid memory, forgot to set defaults.
HunterZ, sorry it hasnt worked out for you. I'll see what i can do regarding your requests, hopefully i can drag you back for another try later! I really appreciate the comments, its all the suggestions made here which make these addons what they are.
I've been using this addon for about 3 months and i must say i realy like it.
If its not a problem id like to make a small request: could it be possible to add a purge command for the spell list that the addon is watching since myne has grown a lot and most of the spells there are set to not be active since i dont want SR to track them?
oridan, any chance that we can get custom sounds per spell? I've been using Avion and PowerAura for this but they can be a pain in the butt, and they don't have the option for when spells are ending like the emphasis bar in your mod. I can make all the sounds just fine. I have custom sounds made for my Rogue, Druid, Warlock and Warrior.
I know you recently added sound notifications but its one overall sound at the moment. Don't get me wrong I am TRULY grateful for that :). Was hoping to see if this was on your wish list for the future :).
As for the disapearing, nope ... i set all Expire too zero and have those bars on a different location so i would see them instant.
Maybe because some other druid casts a lifebloom or rejuvenation at those times ?
I notice this happens alot in raids when other druids are casting lifebloom or rejuv on the same target as me, like on a MT you notice it quite often.
In small groups i never see it happen ... so think this is the case.
Hi all, just wanted to let you know about the update and i'll try to answer a few of the questions.
latest update gives you the following:
- Custom sounds per spell
- Custom Groups per spell
- fade timer (set to -1 to always show the bar)
as an example of what this lets you do. on my warlock i have a custom group called Soulstone, which i've made slightly larger and placed neatly next to my menu buttons, this group doesnt emphasise, but it doesnt disappear. so its a constant remind of how long i have left on my soulstone, or if i dont have it at all, i get an empty bar. I'll post a screeny, since re-reading my description makes no sense whatsoever! http://www.wowace.com/wiki/Image:SpellReminder-Warlock.jpg
Hope that clears it up abit, my Soulstone bar is at the bottom of the screen. You can also see an emphasised Rain of Fire. and my normal Demon Armour bar thingy at the bottom right.
I've still got a few more bar formatting features to add, like Icon position etc, so i'll get to those as soon as i have time.
@Mythix: It will put enemies debuffs that YOU apply on that enemy.
And there is no plans to allow buff cancellation with SpellReminder. Its too far out of the scope of its original purpose.
As always, i'd love to hear suggestions and (constructive) criticism, if i'm forgetting anything, please let me know!
- Under "Timer Bars -> Self" if I select None it doesn't stay selected (I will go back and check and it will have changed to Normal again)... which is a real problem when I have another spot where I track buffs on myself, I end up with the buff tracked in two spots.
- The reason I have to track buffs that are on myself separately is because:
1) I have to have somewhere in the UI I can click off a buff (for things like Pally buffs that I don't want etc), as SpellReminder won't let me do that (I know it is out of your scope, but it would be very nice).
2) I have to have someplace on the UI where things with no timers are displayed (like Shadowform, mounts, area buffs etc etc). Again as Spellreminder doesn't handle these (again would be real nice if it did) I have to have someplace that shows them, and most all ways for me to do that also display buffs on my person that have timers.
Been using this for a while on my warrior; has worked very well.
A problem with the today's updates, though. r60446, USEng server/client WoW 2.3.3, updated standalone libraries. I normally have the bars turned off and direct the text output to SCT. But after the update, all the bars popped up in the middle of my screen during combat, causing an obvious issue.
Not good. Had to spend a few minutes getting rid of them while the party sat on their hands waiting. You will want to--ideally--prevent the bars/other options being completely reset when making code updates as has happened here. Or at the very least, put notification in the log notes that all the options will be reset when making such an update.
Thanks for letting me know, I try to make all updates transfer old settings into the new format, but there must be an error with this one.
i'll fix that (and shadowfiend etc) when i get home from my client's office.