I have GM set to make the node icons (on the minimap) disappear when I get in range of the actual node. When I'm in range, a yellow dot appears if the node is up, and nothing is shown (no icon or yellow dot) if the node is down. That's all working perfectly :)
Now, this works awesome for nodes that have a yellow dot! My question is if it is possible to *not* hide the icon for nodes that never have a yellow dot, for instance the Everfrost Chips for Hodir rep turnins. These are so tiny and hard to see, that it would be beneficial for me at least, if the minimap icon did not hide for those chips.
No. It is not possible to have individual different settings for each type of herb/treasure/etc.
Well, disable icon hiding for treasures, if not a dwarf, or for schools if you don't have fish tracking yet. Or, disable hiding if you don't have the appropriate tracking skill active. Don't wanna say it's easy, but doesn't sound that difficult either.
For some reason, GatherMate_Data r199 / v1.57 is marked as Load on Demand, and I'm getting the following error from GatherMate r673 / v1.19 on login:
[2009/08/07 14:40:49-6140-x1]: GatherMate-v1.19\Config.lua:1055: Usage: GetAddon(name): 'name' - Cannot find an AceAddon 'GatherMate_Data'.
AceAddon-3.0-5 (Ace3):167: in function `GetAddon'
GatherMate-v1.19\Config.lua:1055: in function `CheckAutoImport'
GatherMate-v1.19\Config.lua:1029: in function <Interface\AddOns\GatherMate\Config.lua:1021>
(tail call): ?:
<in C code>: ?
<string>:"safecall Dispatcher":9: in function <[string "safecall Dispatcher"]:5>
(tail call): ?:
AceAddon-3.0-5 (Ace3):502: in function `InitializeAddon'
AceAddon-3.0-5 (Ace3):614: in function <Interface\AddOns\Ace3\AceAddon-3.0\AceAddon-3.0.lua:607>
GatherMate_Data needs your help!
Ive created an exclusion system in the data parser to ignore areas of the map. I need help building the proper polygons to cleanup and ignore bad data from wowhead. Post you exclusion areas as tickets for GatherMate_Data. Please include the MAP, and the list of points for your polygon of exclusion.. Think taboo areas form Routes!
Is there any work yet on 4.0 compatibility, and more importantly, an Archaeology module? From what I experienced, the exact locations you find artifact fragments at after surveying are maybe distinct 10-15 points per dig site, so having a marker where a "[race] Archaeology Find" could be would help grandly in finding them more quickly, the current implementation only lets you "find" those when in about 5-8y range, but anything in 30 or maybe 40y range gives you a green lamp on the survey tool, so with bad luck, you have to survey several times while already having a green lamp >:(
Look for the GatherMate2 addon, we (well kagaro did all of it so far) are rewriting it for Cataclysm to take into account map phasing and dungeon levels so that
- Herbs and stuff can be tracked in each phase separately (some zone maps change when you enter a new phase)
- Herbs and stuff can be tracked in instances on their dungeon maps.
- Maps with levels each have separate data.
- Separate importer from GM1 to GM2 for TBC and Northrend data
As for Archaeology, Kagaro also did further testing:
- When you cast survey, the direction that the instrument faces have a 90 degrees arc when it is red and 35 degrees when it is yellow, unknown for green. That is, if you were to cast survey about 10 times standing at the same spot all 10 times, the instrument will point at random directions in a 90 degrees arc.
- So the best way to dig is really to cast survey about 5-10 times at the same spot, determine roughly the full arc and go towards the middle of it. BAM, no addon really needed.
- So far, it also appears that the fragments also spawn in a number of specific spots but there needs to be way more data for this to verify.