This add-on greatly improves the usability of the default craft window by letting you craft reagents directly from the recipe window, simply by double-clicking on the wanted reagent.
The concept is inspired from ReverseEngineering, which seems now dead, but I find my solution much more usable ;)
Here's a few basic use :
- make bolts of cloth
- make pigments/inks (you can mill and make the ink directly from the glyph recipe)
- prospect minerals to try to get a wanted gem
- actually craft something in engineering
The add-on tries to be intelligent and craft enough reagents to make one more item. You can choose another amount by holding the Shift key.
Known bugs/limitations :
- (DONE) the prospecting database is not complete yet, there's only the lower-level minerals. I just need more time...
- (DONE) it will propose to prospect for gems event if you don't know the spell
- (DONE) the recipe of the reagent has to be shown in the tradeskill window, i.e. not filtered by name, the header has to be expanded, and so on... I wish to avoid this but it couldn't find a correct way yet.
- it doesn't work cross-tradeskill (yet), but you'll see the tooltip of the recipe, showing you that you could make the reagent yourself.
- (DONE) there's a one-step recursion but it doesn't fully work yet. This makes possible to mill herbs and craft inks from the glyph recipe, but won't work if the recursion is a standard tradeskill recipe, although the icon will be shown on the side.
Any help on these points would be greatly appreciated :
- (DONE) Is there an automated way of grabbing milling/prospect/disenchant stats from, say, wowhead ? I thought about taking data from enchantrix, I guess I'll have to ask the authors.
- (DONE) I couldn't find a way to craft an item while it's recipe is "hidden". Casting with the spellname doesn't work, removing filters and reapply them later would work but as it's not instantaneous it is quite a huge work (but doable).
Hi there, I stopped playing wow a while ago but I regularly receive requests to update this add-on. I did a quick and dirty update today using code from a contributor, but if anyone is willing to continue the work I can happily give the management of this addon.
The code is quite short, a big part of it is data. It is well indented and even has some comments. There's no problem for me to answer any questions about the code to get you started.