There are three tickets open for SmartRes2, none of which I can fix currently, as I don't even have WoW installed, let alone have an active account.
PTR 4.3 issues. This one is actually a LibBars-1.0 bug
Slash commands /sr cast and /smartres cast do not work as advertised. I looked over the code while I had an active account, and can't figure this one out. No errors in BugSack
Mass Resurrection is flakey. Again, I checked, but couldn't spot the problem. No errors in BugSack
Of the three, the first one is the biggest problem, because it takes down the whole addon. Just wondering if between Morgalm, Phanx, and Torhal, all of which are on the SR2 project page, it could be fixed.
Please and many thank yous, from me, and the 115, 600+ users :)
I invalidated ticket 1, since it is definitely a library issue. Ticket 2 is just downright strange - the code is not only simple, but correct in library usage as well. Ticket 3 I can't do anything about, since I haven't raided in forever and my priest is only level 75.
I can see why you closed the first ticket. I looked at LibBars' code, and it is 1764 lines. The stack trace has to refer to the lib. The problem with LibBars is that it has been abandoned, but still used in 20+ addons. Yoshimo duplicated the error in LibBars' tickets; it is a divide by zero error. Without having a game to test it on, it is bizarre that the lib hasn't been updated since 3.0.9 and only now fails.
If you are stumped why the slash command isn't working, then I really am worried. You are a much better coder than I, Torhal LOL. The command fires the Resurrection() function, but doesn't. Yet the bound key does. There shouldn't be a difference, as it is called exactly the same way.
Perhaps some @debug@ lines, something like changing lines 257-265 to the following
local calledBySlash = false -- set in main chunk
-- process slash commands ---------------------------------------------------
input = input:lower()
if input == "cast" then
calledBySlash = true
Insert the following at line 676
if calledBySlash then
self:print("Resurrection called by slash command")
calledBySlash = false
That way, at least it can be verified that the slash command is calling the function. And like I said, I am not overly worried about Mass Res.
The packager doesn't like either this addon, the support libs, or the pkgmeta. Not sure which, but it isn't packaging properly. I've tried tagging releases with updated LibBars, but the files showing are all wrong. Plus it isn't being sent to Curse.
I upped alpha builds of LibBars, LibResComm, and SmartRes2 today.
@project-version@ in toc (yeah, I typo'd and said revision)
toc bump for les whiners
update x-website in toc
toc should have referenced lib.xml not LibResComm.lua
add ptBR locale (not translated, but when it is, lib is ready)
handle unlocalized as English, not commented
undocumented - toc bump, temporarily removed Mass Res support because it didn't work correctly, x-website update
removed the "cast" command because that didn't work correctly. still available in developer copies in case someone wants to take a crack at figuring out why it fails
used Blizzard global strings wherever possible
removed all references to making the bars flash, because that was buggy
All this was dry-coded because I have no active WoW account. Someone in the Curse comments section of SR2 says that when he copies a profile, everything works except the bar placement. He has to set that manually for each profile. I've looked at the code and can't see where I went off the tracks.
r200 alpha needs testing. It includes my dry-code rewrite of the guild perk Mass Resurrection support, complete with key bind option.
It has been suggested that a min-max slider for percentage of dead people in the group be implemented, and possibly allowing disabling of MR bars while keeping regular casts enabled. First thing's first.
When I played last (4.1-ish) it was spotty. The new code sends to all CTRA compatible addons via LibResComm's _ResStart() callback. It should, in theory, pick up casts from ressers that do not have such addons, but I can't verify that right now.
Anyway, Yoshimo (thank you) caught a typo bug in r201. Change line 157 to