Just mail all your stuff to tek. I don't mind if you change the stuff I've written :)
Ok, will do! It ended up going from Wetlands to Arathi/Hillsbrad/Alterac and finishing (hopefully) at level 33 where the guide for Desolace starts. I chopped it up into about 4 mini-guides, since I read that is how it should be done if the "quest hub" zone is new. I've play tested through about 30% of it so I'll email everything to Tekkub for approval once I fix the kinks. :D
I'm trying the Blade's Edge Mountains (66-67) guide and I have the following problem: Whenever I get a quest, TourGuide doesn't detect anything (not sure if it should). I click the checkbox on the status window to tell the guide that I have accepted the quest and all the other events linked to the quest are automatically checked. If I uncheck a fight or turn-in event, all the events linked to the quest are unchecked including the Accept event.
I'm using revision 657. I'm going to register a bug on the gcode site but I wanted to post here just in case it was something obvious that I'm not doing.
[Edit: upon further tests, it appears to be a conflict with QuestIOn. Somehow, TourGuide doesn't detect the quests in the log if QuestIOn is there and this screw the status logic.]
I\'m currently working on guides for Horde with level > 29.
As I can see most of this is aready done, but it is in a \"draft\" state.
What I\'m currently doing is checking the draft, updating it to the new format, adding what is missing and slowly (I have very few free time) testing it.
Tekkub, if you want I can mail you what I already did so you can add them to the svn, but not in the toc file.
About this I have a question: when I place a quest tag in a note object can I combine it with more than a quest object? What I want is that the note auto-complete itself when I\'ve finished 2 of three objects of a quest.
Alrighty, the Dun Morogh guide ended up being levels 1-11. I added all the class quests too, however I was only able to test the hunter and mage sequences. If anyone else plays another class and finds a discrepancy let me know!
Also, if anyone else is interested in testing out my guides for levels 28-33 (Alliance) let me know and I'll email them to you. :)
Click the below file to download. Don't forget to add the file name to the TourGuide.toc file, otherwise it won't show up in WoW! Any feedback is appreciated, I'd like to get better at writing these. :)
Ok Roshata, here's some feedback about your guide.
1. Try not to overuse the N tag, since it doesn't autocomplete people need to click it manually to go away. That's bad and we really don't want that to happen.
2. Coordinates. They are nice to have, but if there is a way that you can explain the user to the right direction, do that instead. Use coords only in extreme emergency when there's ie. something the user needs to pick up in specific location. Don't go "Industrial" on the coordinates and add them into every step and not explaining stuff around.
3. Try to keep your steps along the guide you are using as example. If the guide says that the area is 1-12, tag it as 1-12, not 1-11.
So, basicly, do some changes in the guide:
1. Change level to 1-12
2. N Accept the quest with "Memorandum" or "Rune" in the title.
change that to
A Encrypted Rune |C|Rogue|
A Etched Rune |C|Hunter|
A Hallowed Rune |C|Priest|
A Simple Rune |C|Warrior|
A Consecrated Rune |C|Paladin|
A Tainted Memorandum |C|Warlock|
a Glyphic Memorandum |C|Mage|
A Encrypted Memorandum |C|Rogue|
A Simple Memorandum |C|Warrior|
3. Try telling the user how to get to point XX.YY instead of just trusting he uses TomTom / (something that supports coordinates and waypoints).