I added the following hack to the bottom of my Mendeleev.lua file around line 428.
local maxi = #l
if maxi>8*2 then maxi=8*2 end
for i = 1, maxi, 2 do
replace your line:
for i = 1, #l, 2 do
That still parses all the items that it could go in, but it only displays the top 8 items. It was quick and dirty, but it works pretty well until something can be done. Change the 8 to something else if you would like more or less lines.
imho it's not but gandharva has hacked it in that way... or maybe only the name was chosen badly...
currenty the "hide Component In" option disables all the basic matching against PT3 sets whcih can also be disabled on a per set basis in the menu. The "Component in" stuff is refered there as "Trade skills".
Wiki says you can use /mend or /mendeleev. The examples are with /mend. Only /mendeleev works for me, tho.
"/mendeleev usedInTreeSelf" does not work for me. If I set it to on, then there are no items that list any tradeskill processes. And I am fairly sure that I have a use for most of the stuff in my bank and inv. When I switch it off, I see craploads of items, all marked red - which I believe wants to tell me that these items can be crafted, but not by me. Even for recipes I do know.
Is it possible to show the Mendeleev info also in tooltips that appear for right-clicking items in chat? Auctioneer's tooltip (with data from Informant) does show on right-clicked item links, so right now I'm using that in addition to Mendeleev... but obviously I'd love to get rid of Informant and use Mend only.
There is a new trunk commit on the SVN today by Hshh: r50858 /50859 (second one put in because not all the files were uploaded in the first one, apparently). The revision notes: "add item sell price display, data from Informant" & "lost commit SellPriceData.lua".
My question: why on earth have a brand new, separate, bloated sell price database tacked onto a long time existing mod (that never had one before), when, if the option was wanted, could not Bam's great ItemPrice-1.1 library have been used instead?
I have no problems with old addons that came out long before ItemPrice continuing to store item prices in their own way (i.e. KC_Items & ItemSync). But a for a brand new feature to an old addon, it seems silly not to use ItemPrice. Especially when the item database tacked on to Mendeleev in this commit is both not compressed and obtained from...Informant.
Looking through SellPriceData.lua, no compression seems to have been used. Which means more memory bloat. Not tested yet (and not going to), so don't know how the changes to Mendeleev done to access this file will add to CPU usage. There will likely be some impact. And its always loading in this commit, so more memory used (for no good reason). And finally, no indication that it offers any advantages at all over using ItemPrice-1.1 for a sell price addon to Mendeleev. Other than it was faster for the commit uploader to do it this way.
I vote for a commit rollback until ItemPrice-1.1 support is added instead (that can be turned off by the user, if unwanted) ;). Or if the committer really wants an Informant-based item price addition to Mendeleev for some odd reason, put it in a branch.
The change was reverted since neither vhaarr/rabbit nor I did see any sense in it. If someone wants vendor prices there are tons of addons out their doing a good job (and a much better one than this implementation did...)