I've done the Chess event a few times recently, and everything works as expected with the Possess bar set to Bar 1. Had a similarly flawless experience with Teron Gorefiend. As long as the current Possess bar functionality is preserved, I don't mind how fancy you make it for others.
RE: Dominos roadmap
- I'm personally not that fussed with changing the 12-buttons per bar layout. But many people do like it.
- Built-in RedRange? Yes, please. :)
- I thought Dominos was basically just the stuff you thought you'd personally use. Seems to be an awful lot of exotic features creeping in here. :P
RE: Bagnon Forever
- Guild Bank support, go go!
- I know of at least one person who will love you forever if you get this updated for Wrath. It's impossible to find a working substitute. So hard to find simple, clean unitframes with very clear debuff highlighting.
The battle of me as a designer is what I actually need versus what I think would be interesting to have. Bongos3 swung me in the "interesting to implement direction" and Dominos swung back. Either way "crazy town" features are things I don't expect to implement.
As far as what I do next, its either Bagnon or Sage. Dominos has a high chance of staying at 1.8.x for a good while, but might hit 1.9.x if I make a possess bar decision.
I vote for Sage before Bagnon... make people use Combuctor :P
As for the possess bar, correct me if I'm wrong but it is ONLY an issue for those that make bars shorter than X buttons (x being the number needed for the possessed functions). Since you're still reusing Blizzards buttons/bars it seems to me that one approach (that I'm not sure how to do in an elegant way) would be to allow multiple dominos bars to be combine for the possess bar with a simple ordered overflow. For the possess bar you'd specify either:
1) The first bar to be used and have dominos automatically overflow into the next bar.
2) Assign a priority order of bars to be used for the possess bar with Dominos using as many as needed.
Lets say that you use 1 button bars like a previous poster does. If he specifies that bar 4 would be his possess bar and we're using option 1, a 4 button possess bar would be using bar 4,5,6 and 7.
This is purely a cosmetic enhancement, but I'd like to have my bars faded out completely all of the time, except on mouse-over. But I'd like the bars to ignore their faded setting whenever I'm in combat. Is there a way to do this that I'm missing?
I've noticed that recently the text showing what keys are mapped to various buttons (such as 1-9.0.-.= for the main action bar) has been shifted to the right so that it almost appears to be on the next button to the right of where it should be. This has been causing me confusion. I can try to post a screenshot later if noone else is seeing this.
Anyone else notice that sometimes Dominos will forget that you want to keep the experience bar text-free? I can't figure out the exact circumstances, but I often need to turn the options on and then off again.
I am trying to build a custom interface using kgpanels to hide aspects, however I can not find out the frame name that dominos uses or anyone was to toggle action bars for dominos by command line (/script is technically what kgpanels uses for onclick).