Dominos is an action bar addon intended to do the following:
* Reuse as much standard blizzard action button code as possible.
* Contain a relatively minimal feature set
* Be easy to use
It includes the following features:
* 10 action bars, pet, class, menu, and bag bars. Each one has customizable settings for padding, spacing, columns, scale, and opacity.
* Customizable paging. You can switch pages on: action bar pages, modifier keys, forms, and targeting.
* Customizable show states. You can tell your bar under which macro options to show.
* Fading bars. You can set your bars to fade out to a certain opacity when not moused over.
* The ability to customize showing empty buttons or not
* Full button facade support
* Keybound support
* Sticky frames
* The ability to move buttons in combat.
* Buff and debuff highlighting (via plugin).
* Out of range coloring (via RedRange)
* Cooldown count (via OmniCC)
* A movable casting bar (via plugin)
* A moviable roll frame (via plugin)
* Configurable right click targeting
* Configurable self cast key settings
* Possess bar support
* A movable experience/reputation bar
...and will not end up with the following:
* A stats bar
* A minimap bar
* True variable length bars
Here's how you use it:
* To see the current list of slash commands, type /dom ? or /dominos ?
* To open up the options menu, either go into interface options, or type /dom
* To move bars around, either go into the options menu and press the "Enter Config Mode" button, or type /dom lock
* To bind keys, enter binding mode via /kb or /keybound, or press the "Enter Binding Mode" button in the options menu.
* To disable sticky bars, hold alt while dragging
...and this is why I wrote it:
* I have significantly less time to code now than I did previously. Dominos is intended to be easier to maintain.
* I wanted to see how much I could do while maintaining compatibility with the standard AB code
* I'm not entirely happy with the direction I took with Bongos3. I added features that I do not see myself using personally, and thus feel that those features will be neglected and bug ridden.
So far I'm going with Djembe. MrGoodBars I thought about a while ago. Manatee (wait, no, that's the name of Sage if I implement semi vertical bars). Perhaps another EarthBound reference is in order
Quote from Buio »
So Bongos3 is being phased out for a lighter featured Mangos? Well, I don't use close to everything in Bongos3 so I'll check this out and see if it suits me.
Theoretically. I don't think I can maintain both at the same time.
Quote from onkel »
Doesn't bag/menubar fit better into a barmod then casting/roll stuff. I think most people use separate addons for the latter.
BagBar: Hotkeys are ingrained into my head. Moving bags does require a bag bar, if another addon is not already providing it.
MenuBar: Same situation as the bag bar: I have the hot keys memorized.
CastBar: I like my version too much. Will be implemented as Djembe_CastBar
RollBar: I like my version. Will be implemented as Djembe_Roll
To be honest, I can implement the bag and menu bars quite easily, so I might still do it.