Added in some Battleground Start/Elapsed fixing it now adjusts upon the BG_SYSTEM messages as well as corrects itself when battlegroundruntime returns 0 upon first entering the zone when the BG is clearly underway.
This should fix all start timer related issues
Should you still find a bug with the start timers, that could be because it bugs out on blizzard's part when you're queued for 2 BGs at the same time. Leave a message if and when that happens.
What ? Clever use of built-in options ? Naah, that's not for us. :p
Edit: Blizzard localization team used two different strings to translate "has begun !" in French. :/ The sentence is something like "let the XXX battle begin !" for every battleground but Arathi Basin, where is it like "the battle for XXX has begun !".
The WSG debuff timers can be confusing to track. They start X minutes after the first player grabs a flag when neither team currently has a flag.
1. Each time a player picks up a flag, check if the opposing team already has a player with the flag. (This only applies to flags picked up from the opposing team's base. If a player picks up a flag dropped by a teammate, the current countdown remains in progress.)
2. If the opposing team doesn't have a player with the flag, start the countdown.
3. If the opposing team does have a player with the flag, the countdown should have already begun or the debuff is already in effect. (If the countdown hasn't begun and the debuff is not in effect, you must have joined in the middle of a match and can't reliably predict when the debuff will kick in. You might be able to query other players with the addon.)
4. If BOTH players drop the flag and both flags are returned, reset and stop the countdown completely.
5. If either team captures the flag, reset and stop the countdown completely.
for the wsg timer, it seems all you really need to do is track the generic "flag status" (ie, in base or not in base).
2 flags in base, set countdown to X
<2 flags in base, advance countdown
also, for the wsg module it would be nice if it could figure out who's got the flags when you come into the game with them already held. scanning your raid would be easy enough to find your own carrier, and to id the enemy carrier you could just check mouse-overs and targets for the flag buff.