I tried Buffalo2, had problems with it, trying Buffalo now.
One thing I notice is that there doesn't seem to be a way to actually reduce the maximum number of buffs to display. Does that make any sense?
I want my buffs on one line (I am using 90% scaling) and debuffs below, and I don't want them to wrap and overlap each other or anything. But it seems like the minimum is 32 and if you specify a set of rows & columns which is below that, the settings are just ignored.
yep. Buffalo-r49625: the strings in line 35 and 40 in Buffalo-zhCN.lua are not correct. use old buffalo version, change the strings in line 35 and 40 " not ` or delete Buffalo-zhCN.lua in Buffalo.toc.
I can't correct it on svn without destoying that translation because it's not unicode.
Sorry for the long delay. I didn't get an email notification of new posts.
Quote from Vrai »
Still not working with the newest version.
I can't reproduce this. Have you tried deleting the SavedVariables file for Buffalo? Or do you have Buffalo2 installed also? I haven't experienced it myself, but another user stated Buffalo and Buffalo2 don't work well together, even if one is deactivated.
Quote from Vidarius »
how i make the Font Red and bigger - only for Debuffs?
There's no option to do that. If you want to tinker with it, try editint Buffalo.xml, especially the part for "DebuffaloButton". You should find the following lines somewhere there:
Try changing the "inherits" field. A list of fonts can be found here: http://wdn.wowinterface.com/code/live/FrameXML/Fonts.xml
I don't know which are big enough. Or how you can make the text red (maybe there's a TextColor tag for fontstrings). If there's not a definite reason against it (apart from jumbled up icons, which should be fixed), try Buffalo2. It's not much easier but definitely less error-prone to set up your buffs how you need them.
I don't know exactly what function calls would taint the spell book. But if you are using embedded libraries, taint that is caused by a library is attributed to the addon it is embedded in. To be more precise, the taint is attributed to the first loaded addon that embeds this library. And since Buffalo comes relatively early in the alphabet (and therefore is loaded as one of the first addons) most libraries it embeds will be attributed to it. That's also the reason why Buffalo can have a shockingly high memory footprint, all the memory the libs are using is added to the real memory usage (but remember, static memory usage says almost nothing).
There's nothing you can do to fix it, really. You could unembed your libraries (somewhere in this forum are instructions on how to do this) so the taint is attributed to the library it's causing. You could then report the taint to the author of the library. Or, if it is by some freak accident really Buffalo that's tainting the spellbook, you could report back here and I will see what crazy things happen there.