Just started using this. Is FM supposed to show some kind of warning every 60 seconds by default? I don't seem to be seeing any kind of warning. Very nice addon btw, switched over to this from Fizzy's FOM.
Been using Feed Machine for a bit, but just recently noticed this.... so not sure if this is how its always worked or what.
When pet is ready to be fed, and I have multiple of food to choose from. If I select a different one than is on the default postion, it does not change the default, to that new item.
Well honestly not sure if thats across the board, its more of selecting the summoned food from those glorious food tables. pet will eat, but still has my standard food as the default.
so, should it be reslecting the default when I change my choice? If not, could that be added?
Well, I just loaded 78517 on my lvl 24 hunter, I still see no error, dunno what to tell you.
After looking at the code, the error should occur any time the button is supposed to be hidden, in the HideFeedPetButton function.
First, the local functions "hidebuttons" and "showbuttons" don't change depending on input to that function, so there's no need to generate extra garbage by redefining them on every call to the "HideFeedPetButton" function. However, that's not what's causing the error. The first line in the hidebuttons function reads:
Yet the variable "timer" is undefined, passing a nil value as the first argument to CancelTimer. The only place a variable "timer" is defined is in the showbuttons function, but there it's defined as a local, and so only exists within the showbuttons function, where the hidebuttons function cannot see it. Fixing this problem eliminates the errors.
I'll go ahead and commit this change, along with some general cleanup (there were a few globals that should have been locals, for example) and dumping FrameLib, which is simply a wrapper for existing frame API functions, and doesn't do anything special aside from occupy memory.
I've also noticed ButtonFacade support is shaky, only applying a texture on mouseover, and that without the proper color. I'll look into it if I find time and you haven't gotten to it first. :P
Didn't when I was originally coding this, I think only like.. bt4 had it then, anyways, I've since moved and have rather limited access to commiting to the svn atm (yay for proxy based internet at hotels)
Interface\AddOns\FeedMachine\FeedMachine.lua:6:Usage: EmbedLibrary(addon,libname,silent,offset): 'libname' - Cannot find a library instance of "AceTimer-3.0"
haven't tried the Ace3 package, since I think Phanx fixed that in a previous post. Maybe not! Either way, any help would be greatly appreciated as I loooved the simplicity of KotJ and miss it muchly :)
I have just got the latest version from the svn repo and its complaining about a missing library of LibPeriodicTable-3.1
This only happens when FeedMachine is the only addon loaded, when I have my other ace addons loaded aswell I get no error and it does show up however, when I do the slash command I get the window and then when I click show config it comes up black and no matter which tab I click on I get another error.
I live in the UK and I am on the european realms if thats any help.
Well I have been trying to get FM to work for a while I had the LibPeriodicTable-3.1 error so I installed the libary file via WAU, to fix the errors on the diet screen I made a copy of the enUS locales file
renamed it to enGB and then edited the file so that the locale call is enGB rather then enUS
this fixed the lack of diets and food in the /fm window as for if the feeding part is working I haven't tested that yet as my pet is fully fed at the moment I'd add a post once I have a reason to feed my pet lol
But from what i can tell the call back to AceLocales to use enUS for enGB is still not working properly for now this seems like a good work around to get the addon to function in enGB, this has got it working on my 2 machines and a friends too
hopefully this can help some more enGB users get the plugin working until the callback can be made to work right, also will help with localization at a later date, plus more users means more bug reports which should help narrow the problems with the addon
hope this helps
edit: Can now confirm that the feed button is now working too