My computer decided to crap out last Thursday, and I've been offline until late last night.
However, much progress has been made!
Lots of bugfixes and new features tonight.
- Fixed the filled_slots error in the FuBar plugin
- Fixed a problem with the bank not updating properly.
- Fixed a problem that prevents you from linking alts' inventories.
- Fixed a problem that caused the keyring's 32 slots to count in your total bagspace.
- Overhauled the interface, reparented basically the entire view, and reorganized the UI.
- Fixed the "menuItem" bug when mousing over the categories submenu of the search dropdown
- Fixed a couple of over-aggressive optimizations that caused old data to remain in the view
- Added the ability to set a tag to display its contents in the FuBar tooltip (search box dropdown -> Manage Tags)
- Added a special "All Characters" character index. You can now use this to search across all your characters' inventories.
- Added tags to the category list on the left.
21395: Added bags->bags and bags-> bank compression. Will add a Dewdrop menu that allows you to pick your compression direction soon.
21396: Small fix to address stack splitting behavior. ~= isn't the same as ==, kids!
Could you add an option to Show Item Tooltip Information to not have it show if it's the only one (stack). Then it wouldn't constantly add for all the single things you mouse over in your bag or bank that you don't have multiples of.
There is a slight problem with Sanity2 on my Fubar.
I wanted to replace Fubar_BagFu with Sanity since both addons display how many items are in my bags. Today I noticed that the text on Fubar isn't updated properly. It shows a wrong number of items in my bags since the text won't get updated when event "BAG_UPDATE" is fired (I think).
(Tooltip shows correct data, Fubar text is broken.)
You might try that, Koala. If they're intercepting the mouseover event, then Sanity will error. It relies on being able to read the item under the cursor.
That said, I'll try to get a fix in for it so that at the least, it won't throw an error.
OKay did so but found something more thyat may be worhtwhile to report. The error happens with EQCompare enabled AND Sanity enabled in Fubar. When I uncheck Sanity from Fubar there is no error message. Just means that if I use Sanity through the assigned hotkey then there is no issue whatsoever.
["message"] = "Sanity2\\Sanity.lua:449: bad argument #1 to 'pairs' (table expected, got nil)\nSanity2\\Sanity.lua:449: in function `GetOwnersFor'\nSanity2\\Sanity.lua:256: in function <Interface\\AddOns\\Sanity2\\Sanity.lua:240>\n(tail call): ?:\n<in C code>: in function `SetBagItem'\nInterface\\FrameXML\\ContainerFrame.lua:623: in function `ContainerFrameItemButton_OnEnter':\n<string>:\"OneBag3Item3:OnEnter\":2: in function <[string \"OneBag3Item3:OnEnter\"]:1>\n\n ---",
["type"] = "error",
["time"] = "2006/12/20 15:41:43",
["session"] = 158,
["counter"] = 1,
1- Congratulations for this addon. You have my vote for "Most useful inventory addon" !
2- Question : I'm probably missing something very obvious but how to open the menu to create my own categories ?
3- Bug Report :
Situation : last wow patch/20 Dec Sanity version/Addons: just ace2 and sanity
Sort items by category. Left click in one of the category lines. You should get:
Error occured in: Global
Message: [string "SanityDisplayFrameRowItem7:PostClick"] line 2:
attempt to index field 'item' (a nil value)
This is still my number one choice for inv. mods in 2.0. Thanks for all the work.
I still sometimes get my backpack (not my other bags) opening when I talk to a merchant/mailbox/etc. Sometimes when I close the merchant window, my bag will appear, which leads me to believe a bag toggle is still in effect. It's possible another mod is causing this, which I will test when I get home. One easy way to handle this was implemented in Discord Mini Inventory. A slash command was given to replace all of the default bag hooks with the opening inventory addon hooks. I'm not a coder, so I don't know how it was done but maybe you could take a look here (http://www.discordmods.com/DiscordMiniPanels/Downloads/DiscordMiniPanels1_1.zip.)
Now that I see your posting here, I want to reiterate another request. When accessing my bank, is there a way for another sanity window to open so that I can clearly see which items are in which location and quickly transfer them?
Also, how is sanity handling profession specific bags. Are herbs only going into herb bags by default? One easy way to get around this is to have bag location categories. Clicking on say, bag 2, will show items in that bag regardless of other categories. That's probably a bigger deal to implement than it seems but it's just an idea.
The bag toggle should still be there. I'll test it more thoroughly.
A second Sanity window would be a fairly hefty undertaking at this point. I'm not quite ready to commit to that.
Profession-specific bags are handled by the Blizzard UI - Sanity tries to just pass info to the Blizzard functions where possible to let it do the work. Thus, anything the Blizzard UI does by default, Sanity will also generally do.
Great mod! Now I can throw out Possesions addon and replace it with Ace2-one!
Addon works perfect for me however there are some little features I'd miss.
1. Option to open window with automatic selection of "All characters". Most time I remember what items I have on current char and use Sanity most for searching items on alts. So this option could be very usefull.
2. Automatic focus on input string so when windows opens users can start typing item name without bothering mouse.
3. Search items from command line. With possesion I can just type "/poss Jade" to open item window already filtered to Jade.
4. (very optional) May be an option to ignore location of item and stick all item of one sort together. For ex. I want to know did I have any pearls at all. I type "pearl" and Sanity shows me very long list: 2 Golden Pearl at my Mage's bank, 1 Golden at enchanter alt, one black at main etc, one black at bag alt etc. But in this case I'd rather see list with tow items "3 Golden pearls" and "2 black pearls". The I can hover over it to see at tooltip where exactly this items are.
5. Looks like Sanity's tooltips didn't work with EquipCompare and when hovering over chatlink.
however i noticed i started getting quite noticible lag when i changed equipment sets or looted items. just wondering do you update sanity's info when these events occur? you'd be better off only updating it when you open the sanity window or log out.
First, awesome mod. If I can get rid of my errors, I'll probably be switching to Sanity since it has everything I could request ;)
Now here's the deal... I'm attempting to create my categories/tags, and when I create the 2nd or 3rd category, I usually get an error "attempting to compare a nil value" in SanityDisplay.lua line 828 (always the same error).
I don't think it is a conflict with another addon as I have tried with a very clean WoW and no other inventory addon loaded. I'm playing with the French client.