Well it doesn't seem to be able to parse the new combat log format to guess when Hunter traps go off, so it's now on an even level of functionality with most other timer bar addons for me. Time to try the others again :p
I have updated Sorren's Timers for 2.4 and posted it as a patch on wowinterface.
Updated in this case means that it hopefully has the pre-2.4 functionality intact.
(I could only test it on my warrior).
I stripped out Parser-3.0 and Deformat-2.0 and re-coded those parts that relied on obsolete CHAT_MSG_* and Parser-3.0 processing.
I'm not using spellId's instead of babble, not using guids to differentiate same-name mobs or any of the other 2.4 goodies.
In other words at best you'll get the pre 2.4 functionallity back.
That said, it's good enough for me until Sorren finds time to do a proper re-code :)
don't work for me...
after all that problems i think i will try to create my first addon .. :D
Are you sure you got the file named SorrenTimers-20400-2.zip
There's a short time after the project is updated that the file is unavailable.
I'm not saying there's no error on my part, like I said on that page I only did limited testing,
but I would like to exclude the possibility that you got an earlier version that didn't have that code in at all.
I got a problem with the custom display strings for my customs groups. The mod never took my custom string but always the default string. Looked into the code and found that the custom string seems to be ignored? I am new to Lua, but I think in sorrentimers.lua it has to be
if name then
display = string.gsub(db.groups[bar.group].targetstring, "$target", name);
display = string.gsub(display, "$name", skill);
display = string.gsub(db.groups[bar.group].skillstring, "$name", skill);
around line 668 rather than using the db.defaults.targetstring and db.defaults.skillstring.
Can anyone with more Lua understanding verify this and change it or tell me if I have overseen anything?
I have followed the "path of least resistance" through the code
so it's not very clean or particularly elegant,
however it has reached a stable state as far as functionality goes.
Notable changes from the last version hosted on the wowace svn include:
- Removed Parser-3.0 and Deformat-2.0 libraries, using COMBAT_LOG_EVENT parsing where needed.
- feature: Option to show buff and debuff stacks ($s is the placeholder in format strings).
- feature: GUID aware, bars for same name mobs will track independently.
- bugfix: error on newly created chars
- bugfix: embeds.xml and OptDeps
- Nether Protection, Cheat Death and alot more short-duration < 30'' abilities added to enemy skills.
- missing Wrath of Air Totem added to shaman spells.
- partial workaround (player and group kills) for blizzard's bug with UNIT_DIED.
- Removed Babble-Spell-2.2 in favor of GetSpellInfo();
- SharedMedia-1.0 -> LibSharedMedia-3.0 upgrade
Seems like the "Group Skill" tracking doesn't work. I really need a Sheep/Cyclone/Sap/Fear etc tracking from my mates.
Like in the original ST both parties need to have the addon installed and have checked "Enabled" under "Group Skill Options".
That ensures you'll both receive communication from the addon for skills one has chosen to share with the other.
Then you need to go into your skills list, and tick "Share" for the skill you want.
Edit2: v20400-14 (when approved) has a bugfix for a cosmetic bug (bar text) I introduced with my changes,
and also a bugfix for a long standing bug (before my changes) that enabled the share option (not working) for buffs and enemyskills
when the user has not customized buff and enemyskill groups (runs with default settings).