No addons use SharedMedia-2.0. SharedMedia-2.0 was just a storage addon like the original (and current) SharedMedia. They may use LibSharedMedia-2.0, the library, but not the storage addon. And, yes. SharedMedia works with whatever library the addon uses.
i was using your standalone MyMedia addon from in your first post for a long time. Now i have noticed that addons using LSM3 are not finding the media stored into the MyMedia addon. What do i have to change in order to get your standalone MyMedia to work as intended?
thank you for your response.
Unfortunately this is excatly the thing i don't want to do: MyMedia INSIDE SharedMedia. I keep my addons updated automatically using the 'delete-before-extract-options. So i can be sure that no old files are left over causing the wildest issues.
That is why i fell in love with your standalone Interface/Addons/MyMedia solution you have done. is there any chance to get this back wo work with LSM3?
fred, if you're having problems creating a .bat file, then just download and use the one from Curse that is linked.
There are two scripts in that download - one is for if you have MyMedia inside SharedMedia, the other is to have MyMedia standalone : but you still need SharedMedia installed/enabled.
X-buZZ: I gave you two alternatives in my response. ;) One, to use MyMedia inside SharedMedia, or two, to copy the code/format of SharedMedia or its derivatives to have your own, personal mod to do it.
edit-edit: ahh.... Before, I had just copied the bat file from the forum page to run it. Now, I've finally downloaded the file off of Curse to take a look at it. It *is* a standalone MyMedia, X-buZZ. It has the core.lua file and everything. So you can use that, and I'll update the first post.
I got it Seerah, thanks. I put it in your "MyMedia" folder and extracted it.When it extracted it made a folder called "MyMedia" inside your folder.I opened it and ran the .bat file and it looked o.k , but in game nothing showed up.....I must be doing something wrong.
Edit: I re read everything from your first posting, particularly the last paragraph. I deleted the 'old' "MyMedia" and started fresh....works like a charm!! Sweet, even dysfunctional middle aged bald guys can use it!
Check the SharedMedia.toc file. There was a version of SharedMedia that had the MyMedia.lua file commented out, which prevented it from loading. Ensure that there are no # signs in front of MyMedia.lua in the toc file.
I changed from WAU to the JWOW Updater thingy and it screwed my mymedia files, iam not so into lua language etc so i copied every folder about 20 times, or just copied the hole sharedmedia folder from other ui compilations but still got the problem. Checking the .toc File for outcommenting...would never mind about that. But its in the first post iam sorry...next time i go it step by step...much tanks!
I had a problem where I coded it and it worked the first time and then I relogged and the textures disappeared. This is what I currently have and before it said SharedMedia it said SML before all the files. Also, there were " instead of [[.
For some reason, it's not liking the examples towards the top of your file, even though they're commented out. Remove the examples/instructions part (ie, everything above where it says to start editing here) and you should be fine.