It is most likely the first Ace addon in your addon directory that gets loaded. Therefore all the libs inside that all your other mods use, are accounted for under this particular mod.
Test, unselect this mod and log back into game... you will most likely see a different mod with approx 15 more meg added to its memory footprint.
Yes, I noticed yesterday that it was using almost 23megs! I relogged first, that lowered it, but it was still at 17megs.. and it was increasing at around 111K. I use Performance_Fu and it was topping the list of mods sorted by memory, by a good 13-14megs of ram. I disabled the mod next time I restarted WoW, and that chunk of memory usage was compeltely gone.. so no, it wasnt anything to do with "loading the libs first" cause the memory load was removed, not xferred to another addon. This is an amazing mod that I find really usefull instead of having multiple mods that add altclick for mail/trades/etc.
The only thing I could reasonably see MIGHT be a cause for a conflict was that I use Postal for a mail mod which also uses Alt-Click for adding.
Can't say I have noticed this myself, might check it tonight.
I can tell you are running with embedded addons or you would almost certainly see Ace2 as using the most memory.
1: If you are going to check the performance of Ace addons, imo it's better to do it with a non ace mod, using the profiling options in PerformanceFu increases the memory and cpu use of various ace2 libraries (eg: TabletLib) this usage will be attributed under the addon that first loaded the library (when using embedded libraries).
2: With embedded libraries ('with externals' in wowaceupdater)... A libraries entire memory and cpu use will generally be attributed to the first addon that loads the library.
3: If you wish to see more accurate stats you need to install your addons without externals (generally this creates 5 million library folders in your addon folder which some people don't like). Then the individual libraries will show up in the list of addons under PerformanceFu and you can more accurately see what is using cpu and memory.
4: Finally, I believe any addon or library that uses Ace2 to Register/Schedule an event will cause memory and cpu usage attributed to Ace2. In your case because you're running embedded I predict the Ace2 library usage is being attributed to AltClickToAddItem and all addons ScheduledEvents are being attributed to AltClickToAddItem also.
Cliff notes, If you want to measure performance:
- Reinstall all addons using WAU without externals
- Measure performance with a non Ace2 addon like OptionHouse
If not mistaken, all 3 are Ace. However bug grabber probably does nadda as it loads no library
WoW doesn't load addons in alphabetical order. It loads them in the order the operating system reports the folders in the addon folders, modified by the rules for dependencies.
I think many people find that their addons do indeed load in alphabetical order only because they use a disk defragment utility, some of which are powerful enough to move files belonging to the same folder together into contiguous chunks and hence reordering the order in which they are reported by the OS.
There are some cases where wow players have found that their addons load in the order of the addon folder's creation date.
I *think* this is the mod that's causing this functionality to break (I noticed this when I first got this mod).
Alt-click on an item from a vendor is supposed to buy a stack of it (ie: reagents) and it doesn't work .
I only lost that functionality when I dumped CTMod. And this mod doesn't perform that (sadly). Nevertheless, I pulled this function out of CT's code and put it at the top of another mod (that I wrote, but probl could be any), restoring the functionality:
-- Alt+Right-Click to buy full stack
local oldMerchantItemButton_OnModifiedClick = MerchantItemButton_OnModifiedClick;
if ( IsAltKeyDown() ) then
local id = this:GetID();
local maxStack = GetMerchantItemMaxStack(id);
local money = GetMoney();
local _, _, price, quantity = GetMerchantItemInfo(id);
if ( maxStack == 1 and quantity > 1 ) then
-- We need to check max stack count
local _, _, _, _, _, _, _, stackCount = GetItemInfo(GetMerchantItemLink(id));
if ( stackCount and stackCount > 1 ) then
maxStack = floor(stackCount/quantity);
if ( maxStack*price > money ) then
maxStack = floor(money/price);
Perhaps they can add it to this mod. I've seen other people looking for this lost functionality and I think it's coinciding with CT's slow demise from people's machines.