After I did a bit of diging to find the source of the tainting isuse with macro conditionals using [equipped] I found that EQCompare is flawed in its current design. Currently EQCompare scans the item tooltip for a string to determain which slot the item goes in but some of the strings it checks for are nil in the default UI. So the EQCompare localization files overwrote them, then 2.0 came around and tainting was introduced... yada yada yada... and now because somebody tainted a few INVTYPE_* variables when you put [equipped:*] in a macro you get an error message. In conclusion, teks new mod is much much better so everybody just use that instead.
(where did the spellchecking option on the forums go? its too damn earlyer in the morning to be checking my own spelling....)
There is a working SuperInspect out, it's somewhere on Curse Gaming, I believe it's the Smurfy branch of it (or maybe even a fan-updated version of the Smurfy branch). If you want SuperInspect, go use it. Voyeur is not and has never been intended to do everything SuperInspect does.
I added Voyeur as an optional dependency on my local copy of Fizzle, and that seems to pretty much fix the issues of it not getting along with Voyeur. I use tekKompare now, so I've no idea if there are nasty interactions with EQCompare or not.
I'm sure this has to do with the underlying nature of the inspect addons. The default UI sets a tooltip for the unit's item, naturally it knows what other items the unit has on. Inspect addons save the items the target is wearing, and when you're out of inspect range try to seamlessly replace the inspect UI with a duplicate using the saved itemlinks. Here you're setting a direct link as a tootip, and the system has no way of knowing what other items the unit has equipped... or even what unit this was from, so it won't show counts. Now if you're getting this behavior all the time that means the inspect addon is just replacing the default UI at all times. If you only see this issue when the unit is out of the super-tiny inspect range, then your addon isn't replacing the default UI, instead it steps in when the default UI goes away.
So in summary, you can only get those numbers when you're in inspect range.
Not getting the set info is a symptom of caching the item links. It worked fine with older revisions of Voyeur before the caching was added. I've not been able to figure out a way to fix this, but am open to suggestions/patches. ;)