vChat is a basic set of chat mods.
idChat was lacking of some features I wanted and so I thought this would be a good start to get in touch with Ace2. (I couldn't know that Indie continued development on idChat2 one day later). :p
- hide the buttons next to each chat frame
- mouse wheel scrolling (configurable scroll speed)
- individual timestamp settings per chatframe (alignment, color, format)
- shorter channel names ([G] instead of [Guild], etc.)
- alternative chat strings ("To <name>:" instead of "<name> whispers:", "[AFK]" instead of "<AFK>", etc)
- sticky chats ("officer", "whisper" and "channel" are supported and each of them can be toggled)
- enables the arrow keys when typing in ChatEditBox
- Editbox placement (top, bottom)
- tell target
- hide channel names completely (colors should be telling enough)
- shorten general channel names (e.g. [1. General - ...] -> [1.], etc)
- visual indication of a chatframe not being scrolled down
requested features (still thinking about adding them):
- group numbers in front of the player name
- clickable URLs
features I'm not gonna add:
- colored player names (use Teknicolor instead)
vChat should be compatible with any wow-client. It already includes a few german translations.
Used this today with Teknicolor, works great. Besides the scroll-to-bottom button I also miss the Copy URL feature from Chatbox, where strings that start with "http" or "www" get turned into clickable text that opens a dialogue box with the URL selected so you can copy and paste it into a browser. Would love to see that small feature without all the other crap like enchanting ad reducers and whatnot.
Does the mod also hide the Emote-button (the one with the chat-bubble-icon)? It's one of the things with CleanChat doesn't have, but ChatBox have. Might sound like a little detail, but it's very annoying with that, fairly useless, button if you're trying to make a clean UI.
Class-names isn't needed imo. If there is a seperate mod for it, there's no need to have it here, too.
Btw, if you are nuking the [Guild]-text, why not delete it completely? For the most basic channels such as say, yell, guild, party, raid, general, trade, localdefence and lookingforgroup.