The one big thing I miss is being able to view my Bank any where i like by the press of a key binding. I know I could use OneView but its is not nice to look at and cumbersum with it showing both Bank and Bag details (when or if it works properly) plus I just prefer MyBags the way it looks/feels I've used it ever since it was 1st created.
I'm not too fond of OneBag either.
It prolly has something to do with old habits, but I guess everyone has those habits :]
Anyway, since we're talking about MB (and OB), I get errors whenever I try to use something from my bags, be it minipet, water, food... you name it.
The error is the "an addon tried to do some stuff not allowed by the Blizz UI", or something like that.
Does it come from the inventory addons themselves, or yet another addon ?
(I have lots, that won't be easy to pinpoint one ^^)
I find the onebags and its bank/key counter parts is that its very bloated you have to have 3-4 mods loaded with many features i dont want. But then again im extremely grateful we got what we have so thank you. But if im dreaming A onebag/bank light would be nice.
1. A single large/moveable bag for backpacks/bags/displays keyrings
2. A single large/moveable bag for bank
I seriously want this as well. I give props to each of the creators of these addons, because they are currently beyond my own capabilities as I've fallen very behind on Ace2 changes and 5.1 LUA. But I do have some issues with these other addons (hence my promotion of MyBags to be reborn):
My issues with the OneBag series:
1) OneBag has no inventory viewer. It sees my bags, it sees my bank, but even though it tracks what is on my character, it doesn't display it.
2) OneView does not suit my needs. I have character specific settings for each toon. For my hunter, I have the bags shown with 9 columns, and his bank is shown with 10. My druid is 8 and 10 respectively. But OneView only shows a single column amount for BOTH sections.
3) Having yet another window to manage, place, and adjust is simply annoying. I like and grew extremely fond of the simple drop down menu of MyBags for viewing other characters. This leaves you with 3 windows to contend with, 2 of which are the same window settings that you have on your screen (bags and bank), and a 3rd for your character inventory - a very small window I might add that has but 19 slots displayed in the same easy to use format as MyBags.
4) The alpha state of OneBag series does not go dark enough. I have it set right above my hotbars, but on top of my raid frames. Even at the supposed 100% alpha state, it is still light enough to read the names of people in the raid frames below it.
5) There is still an issue with the strata of the OneBag windows. Any time I drag my bags viewer, bank viewer, or OneView over another OneBag window, the entire game freezes for 3 seconds or more.
Here are the issues I have with the other addons out there:
1) Bagnon is nice, but again - no character inventory viewer. Why is a inventory viewer so important? Because i need to see what they have equipped as well when evaluating if I send them a BOE I just got. Tons of folders for a single addon purpose - this may not be a big issue, but it looks very cluttered in my addon folder is all.
2) Character Viewer needs a lot of work before I'll use it. First it reorders the inventories backwards from any AIOI addon method. Second, it stacks up the items to one end, which misrepresents the actual bank and bag view - I end up spending more time looking for where the item got put in this addon, than i would have if I logged out and back in on the other toon. And thirdly, it has defaulted columns of 9 for bags and 10 for banks, and offers no customizations per character for these columns that I saw.
My issues with MyBags:
1) No longer under development. DUH!
2) Slash commands. But this would be fixed by Deuce Commander easily enough.
All in all, I really want to see MyBags brought into the 2.0 addon century! PLEASE SOMEONE TAKE THIS PROJECT UP!!!
I have, but I dislike it for the reasons I posted above (the largest of which is no character inventory). Additionally, vBagnon also has an auto-seperator for items that will highlight things of a certain category. That is extra fluff that I don't need no would use as I organize my own bags. Extra fluff means extra memory usage.