I would love to use your overlay fix, but not sure what to do with the dl file. Could you provide some guidance? Thanks!
The same as any other addon. Just extract the file and place it in your addons folder. Once installed your minimap might be covered in green, just go into the overlay settings and untick the detection ring for the minimap.
This is actually a question.. how do I get to the settings of the overlay to remove the green? Please pardon my ignorance, but I have looked all through the addon files and don't see settings. Also you said this would be good for a few weeks.. that was a month ago. Is this no longer good?
Remember to unzip it in the _classic_\interface\addons folder.
This was just a quick fix. I just commented out any commands that were throwing errors, changed all the MapID's in Pathdata.lua and removed any paths that don't exist in classic. Blizz decided to change all the MapID's in classic to something completely new.
- Paths don't show on the minimap.
- The toggle keys for the map paths are on the bottom right of the playscreen all the time and are green. The texture is probably missing in the classic files.
- Sometimes the paths stick on the map regardless of which map you are looking at, closing and opening the map a couple of times seems to fix it.
- The NPC list doesn't sit inside the map frame properly. If you mouse over the list and hit shift it seems to fix it.
- Barrens and Stranglethorn will have incorrect paths as they are based on when the zones were split.
I might get around to fixing those issues, I might not....
edit: Actually just looking at some of the rares, there is a good chance quite a few of the paths are incorrect. if I find some time I will work through them.
edit: I have no idea why that link is showing twice, I can't seem to fix it.
edit: I left some debug stuff there so you might see a heap of numbers spam in chat. Just edit overlay.lua and remove line 725 - Print(mapID). Also I have noticed sometimes it will error when you first login. Reloading UI fixes it. Not sure on the cause of that yet.
- Attached toggle icons to the worldmap and fixed the texture error.
- Key list of mobs now properly attached to the worldmap.
- Fixed the login error
- Removed mobs from the locale file that don't exist in classic (not sure if I got them all).
I haven't done anything with mob paths yet so some of them will be incorrect as detailed in my previous post.
Edit: Yeah, looks like I stuffed up with the locale file, I guess the rares are not listed in their expansion order. Just copy it back over from the previous link. Locale-enUS.lua in the locale folder.
Oh okey, im just confused because i thought its the NPCscan thread ^^
The overlay addon doesn't have it's own thread so I have been putting it in here, sorry for the confusion.
I definitely have to go through the paths. Its all post cataclysm so there are a lot of rares that do not exist in classic and the paths that do exist are in the wrong spot just because blizz moved NPC's around or the maps have changed so the paths are a bit off where they are supposed to be.
There is no easy fix for that. It's going to require going through 270 rares (according to wowhead) in classic and manually adjusting all the paths.... and that doesn't include the rare elite mobs.
Nearly 100 of them are listed as location unknown on wowhead so I have to go through the comments and see if anyone has posted a description or coordinates for their location. I'm not even sure how they get updated. Does location data just come from people with the wowhead client when they kill a mob?
Ok this will probably be my final link on this. This is for Classic only. It is for NPCScan.Overlay only. Not NPCscan, I'm only putting it here because the NPCscan.Overlay doesn't have it's own thread.
- The sewer beast path in stormwind isn't correct on the minimap. Seems to be a scaling issue. Other zones are fine.
- A lot of the paths are based on wowhead data. As there are not a lot of players in the higher level zones yet the paths may be incomplete.
- Some paths may be out a little. It took long enough as it was and I didn't feel like being pedantic. For me they are close enough that you should be able to find the mob.
- The paths in silithus for the hives may not be fully correct. (I left the old paths in) I'm not high enough for that zone yet to work out the correct co-ordinates. I'm sure people can figure out where the rares will be for these 3 sub zones.
- Make sure to disable the detection rings in the settings, they don't work properly anyway and have issues.
- I have only done the enUS locale file.
The link for the retail version on top of page 13 still appears to be working if you want that one.
WoW classic is old but still popular game I think. I am stiil newbie in this game but very interested in playing it. Recently I heard about boost servises for video games, but I do not use it . Have you ever tried it or do you think this is some sort of cheating?? I have plan to check epicarry.us
So I just want to enable Sha of Anger but I can't add it to custom because it's already in Rares but if I enable Rares there are all those other I don't want to see and I don't wanna bother clicking hundreds of them to disable so I can keep just this one I want. Is there no solution for that?
The fixes by crappyusername6 worked out great! I'm just having some trouble removing the green from the mini-map. I know he says to "disable the detection ring" but I cannot seem to find that option to disable it.
Thanks again for all your hard work, you're a blessing!
EDIT: Nevermind I found it in the NPCscan Overlay Options! Works perfectly now!