No, they're not - they're simply used by Altoholic. They were designed to be "libraries" for multiple AddOns. If they're all attributed to Altoholic and another AddOn is also using them, then Altoholic would be blamed for a lot of messages that it didn't send.
all DS_ prefixes are properly labeled as DataStore , not Altoholic. Exactly for the Reasons Torhal gave. Sometimes its impossible, because multiple Addons use the same Prefix to be compatible with each other, but as long as its possible , they will be seperated.
tooltip = the frame where you see the recorded data, the minimap menu seems to be broken for all addons using the abandoned fubarplugin-2.0
The "?" seems to be an asciicontrol character "Start Of Heading" , SOH.
The texteditor might have screwed that one up, or im displaying it wrong. Either way,that prefix is very old, and you might want to tell those people that they should upgrade.
Regarding a new Major Version, so far i have the following things in mind:
1) Kill libfubarplugin, it caused a few problems in the past
2) Replace ScheduleRepeatingEvent with GetTime()
3) Change from Ace2 to Ace3
4) Implement LDB, goodbye my beloved fubar
5) Merge with Prefix Hunter and improve collecting.
6) Kill the bug with crossrealm people showing twice
7) use AceHook, it was shipped but still the hookfunction was the blizzard one
8) Split the prefix-translation table from the rest, so other addons can use it http://forums.wowace.com/showthread.php?t=17627
9) Currently all addontraffic is printed to the chat even if the user doesn't watch all channels for the statistics. Make an option to filter the shown addontraffic as well, not only the statistic tooltip, if the user wants to.
10) Prevent unknown prefixes from being shown as known& known addons shown as unknown , especially showing one prefix as unknown&known at the same time.