I'm currently working on a fubar plugin that will keep track of the dailies you do for day, with patch 2.3 coming and a whole slew of new dailies. I thought It would be nice to keep tabs on which you are doing or find more important. I won't be releasing anything till after 2.3 as I'm gathering the dailies there atm.
The icon in fubar actually changes to count the number you on, if you don't want to look at the tooltip. *UPDATE* It checks your professions for dailies, as some require them to complete.
You can hide the icon if you just want to see text counts.
*UPDATE* If you have any Scrolling Combat logs (i.e. Blizzard, Parrot) you can have it announce when the quest is completed).
*UPDATE* You can now click on a quest and it will show you the rewards you can get/choose from that daily also has an option to show quests in that group that you have not completed (Grey = not complete, White = Completed, Green = Currently On Daily).
** UPDATE Version 1.1 11/08/07 **
Added Reputation for known factions in the rewards tooltip.
SinkLib library is now included with this update. Sorry!
No longer requires Fubar and it will attach itself to the minimap.
** UPDATE Version 1.2 11/15/07 **
[DISCLAIMER] now hides itself when character is level 70
You can now filter out groups you have no interest in watching (I.E. Hide the Battlegrounds/World PvP dailies if you don't PvP)
Quests / Groups will only show when you have the reputation status to accept them (I'm exalted with most factions, so this may be glitchy)
There is now a localization folder for those that would like to put it in your own language. (If you'd like me to add your language to the package so you don't have to keep replacing the file, PM me with your localization info from the folder)
Fixed the visual reset timer in the tooltip to adjust for Daylight Savings in the U.S.
You can have groups automatically unfold when you are in the area of the quest
This looks very nice and useful! Looking forward to trying it out once my new char reaches 70 and starts getting dailies. I can't remember to use my tradeskill cooldowns much less remember how many dailies I've done/can do/etc. :P
How does it work? Are all the daily quests in the actual addon already?
Yes, all the daily quests are actually in the mod itself. Blizzard does have a way of grabbing if the quest is a daily, but with the way I wanted to do things. I just decided to have them all in there instead as it's not much overhead to have them.
Quote from Hack »
If so, Maybe 'Grey' if you have not accepted it today, 'Green' if you have the quest and 'Red' to say that you have completed that one for the day?
This has been brought to me from my guildies that they would like to see this, as it is right now it only keeps tabs on ones you have completed, but I will probably add an option to display it in this manner if people wish.
Another vote for showing quests that we haven't done yet, and one other suggestion, though I'm not sure how many other people have this issue.
How about the ability to see what dailies I've done on my alts? I realize most people have a life, but for those of us that don't, keeping track of which of my four lvl 70s have done which dailies would be nice. Heck, even just a popup that tells how many dailies each of them have done would be an improvement from nothing.
How about the ability to see what dailies I've done on my alts?
This is something I will be added down the road, as some have requested this and not awfully hard to add. Right now, I just want to get everything displayed/working as intended on one toon and then go from there.
- There is a glitch that when you zone sometimes your dailies count will reset, this have nothing to do with the addon itself (your Quest Log Window dailies will have reset also) as I'm grabbing the count from the servers. It usually will correct itself when the server sends the correct data.
- I currently don't have all the dailies from PTR 2.3 (they will be added as I get them), so you may not see all the quests there as they are random per server and I only have 1 toon that can do them.
- Some of the rewards are on PTR 2.3 only (i.e. cooking dailies), if you try to link them you may be disconnected.
Let me know what ya think, or problems that you have run into. If you have any suggestions, please feel free and I'll try my best if it fits in the scope of the addon.
Thanks, Fritos. :) I don't have an account for that site, so I'll put this comment here. For that person that was asking for it not to require FuBar, you can move FuBar to OptionalDeps instead of having it as a dependency, and it will attach itself to the minimap.
I had to kinda hack the way the Rewards tooltip shows to move to where I want it and to have it look the same if you decide to shrink/grow the tooltip size.
But, I may change my mind if I get enough peeps that don't want it on Fubar. This is all a learning process for me, haven't done alot in LUA and I'm sure my code is not the most optimized but meh, it works. :D
EDIT: NO longer requires FuBar, but it will check for it so the tooltips look consistant.
Suggestion: Filters for which sections or quests show on the tablet.
* If there are not currently any Seasonal dailies active, I'd rather filter out the entire section.
* An option to filter out dailies that I'm not eligible for due to faction and/or profession would be excellent.
- I'm a skinner, so I don't need to see the mining or herbalism Netherwing dailies.
- I'm not a cook, so I don't need to see any of the random cooking dailies.
Any chance to make it add a waypoint (if you have cart installed I guess) to the quest giver when you rightclick or something. I don't have the best pathfinding skills, specially for the new dailies :)
- I have disabled auto-open of the categories, but it still seems to do it when I near the quest givers. I'll see if I can get anything more specific on this, but wanted to make sure to report it.
- If your Ogri'la, Skyguard, or Netherwing rep is in a closed category (I had mine in inactive, since I'd hit max exalted with all of them.), they get filtered out based on reputation. To work around, I just put them back up with the others, and it worked fine.