With the recent addition of secure frame support in DewDrop, fubar addons that can cast spells and use items are now easily possible again. And so with permission from Prandur, here is an updated version of TransporterFu.
This is fairly untested, except with my own characters, so some class abilities and many items haven't really been tried. Higher level mage ports (well, higher then lvl 33) and warlock mounts are untried, as well any items other then hearthstone and a few mounts. In theory it should work just fine for any localization supported by Babble-Spell, but none of them have been tested either.
* Todo *
- Add the usual profile based configuration. Should be easy, probably just need to look at the AceDB docs.
- Add druid flight, swift flight, and travel form support, as well as shaman ghost wolf.
- Add support for filtering out unneeded choices. If the pally or warlock has the lvl 60 fast mount, don't show the lvl 40 ones. Same thing for swift flight form and regular fight form.
- Do something to restore the old default method selection support. Possibly by just moving it to the top of the menu.
* Issues/Problems *
There is a known issue with this, an assertion error coming out from DewDrop (might look something like "Dewdrop-2.0-37966 (FuBar):213: assertion failed!"). It seems pretty rare and I've only seen it a few times...I had thought it was gone but I just got it again in game. I think its only happens right after login, but I'm not certain. Either way, don't worry if you see it, we know about it and it doesn't appear to actually break anything.
No, I didn't remove them. I'm using the periodic table mount categories, so if your mount isn't shown then I would assume that its not listed in PT. Don't have the time right this second, but I will check on this later.
OK, then I know what the issue is, since I also use ArkInventory with the PT categories and had to redo my bags last night. Mounts are now showing up as another category, though I can't check right now to see which one.
edit: And since that is the case, I don't consider this a problem with TransporterFu. :)
I am SOOO glad someone is picking this mod up! I have a few suggestions or maybe I am just setup wrong =P.
1) when I mouse over the icon I see the list but if I try to go down to select something it disappears. I have to right click and select from that menu to execute stuff. I would like to just mouse over see the list and move down to what I want and click on it.
2) Once you use something the icon changes to the last thing done (Love that). Just wished if I clicked on the icon it would execute the last thing I did again.
Both of those, while great suggestions, aren't possible at the moment. I was able to update this addon because Dewdrop was updated so that one can use secure commands with it (by Mikk, I seem to recall).
1) We would need support for secure frames in Tablet. This may be in the works, but if it is I don't know about it.
2) I think for this we would need secure frame support directly in FuBar, or maybe it would need to be in FuBarPlugin. Either way, its like above, someone might be working or thinking on it.
I agree with Crucio about this 2 functions.
This would be like an old TitanPanel plugin from pre-BC.
(I am using this Addon with my LvL 70 mage)
I know which kind of portals i can make. Due to the fact, that i cant select the portals with the mouseover, it is just useless information.
Its allways the same portals i can make, and i nearly dont have ever a CD on it.
Further on, the list is very long, and not very eye-friendly.
I would like to suggest (as long as the 2 functions of Crucio cant be implemented) to summon the portals up, and instead of showing the CD the numbers of portals you are able to cast.
This way, you would have a shorter list, and on the first view you know if you can cast a portal or not.
You still need a rightclick on the Addon to cast the spell, so i would keep that list untoughed.
I love this addon but after 2.3 it isn't working anymore. I cleared my Interface, Cache and WTF folders and installed all my addons from scratch but TransporterFU doesn't show up. Is anyone else having this problem and/or know what's causing it?
Strangely it worked before I changed to Fubar3 (still after 2.3) but a number of other addons didn't.
was thinking about implementing this myself, but despite beeing a programmer i would have had to dig in lua, fubar, ace and wow api and i fear i would have given up (kinda admit that after programming for 8+ h/day i prefer playing) ;)
thats why i want to thank you even more for your work!
For some reason TransporterFU stopped working for me today. Yesterday I installed Deadly Boss Mod and it's the only addon I've installed recently (that is in the past week during which TransporterFu has worked flawlessly). Is there a conflict between the two I'm not aware of.
I've tried deleting references to TransporterFu in my WTF and Interface folders but I can't get it to work. It shows up in my bar, but none of the destinations are there and I cannot disable it ingame via the Rock(?) menu. When I try it just gives me a lua error which persists even after multiple tries. Hope someone has an idea what is causing this.
However, it doesn't seem to recognize my Ruby Slippers (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=28585) as a valid hearthstone, and thus doesn't give me an option to use it (though it does recognize where I'm bound to).