This addon was created to reduce the headaches that I had on my Druid of CONSTANTLY switching back and forth on the character paper doll to see how my gear would effect melee, spells, and attributes. It's hard to decide what quest rewards to take for what role (Feral Tanking, Healing, Spell DPS, Feral DPS), let ALONE all the resist gear out there!!
Enter my Fubar_PlayerInFu! In a tooltip display, you are shown all your attributes, and many more that you've probably never even known you had!
1) Adds your Name, Level, and XP percentage to the FuBar header. These can be toggled on and off via the right click menu. [picture #1]
2) When mousing over the title, a tooltip pops up with TONS of info about you including: Experience, Attributes, Defensive Skills, Melee Skills, Ranged Skills (if your a Hunter, Rogue, or Warrior), Spell Skills (if your NOT a Hunter, Rogue, or Warrior), and your Talent Point summary. [picture #2 and #3]
3) LEFT clicking the title will open your character paper doll (character frame) so that you can double check special things like +dmg to a particular school of magic, your resilience rating (I give the actual % of reduction in the tooltip), et cetera.
4) RIGHT clicking the title will display a drop down menu with submenu options for all the controls of the tooltip and header displays. You can control how much information you desire to see. The addon is built in such a way that if you don't want something to be shown, toggling it off will save the resources that would normally go toward the calculations for those categories. [picture #4]
No options but the basics here. The plugin works automatically.
Future Changes / Known Issues
1) Additional information to be added: (TBD)
Well, lets see here. I wrote this entire addon based off of my Fubar_CritterInFu addon, so I suppose some thanks to Jayhawk [Fubar_PetInfoFu] is in order as he laid the groundwork for the LUA file.
I used resources like WoWwiki and the work done by Detritis [FuBar_CombatInfoFu] for some basic information on how the logic of the Player paper doll was called on.
Other than that, I wrote it - so it's mine. :)
"OttoDeFe" and "fred" for bug feedback! Thanks guys!
Changes v1.2.1 - UPDATE (May 28, 2007)
Fixed zoning bug (for real this time).
Changed "Intelligence" to "Intellect". Thanks for catching this Alarisha!
Added "Libs" folder back in as my former version was uploaded without the externals. <sheepish>
v1.2 - UPDATE (May 25, 2007)
Added Mana Regen.
Fixed some minor bugs when hearthing or zoning through portals (nil callout).
v1.1 - UPDATE (May 17, 2007)
Updated to fix a error being fired for level 70 players with the Experience section of the tooltip toggled on. Hopefully.
v1.0 - RELEASE (May 15, 2007)
Official first Stable release. No issues found in my own testing. Patch 2.1 pending breakage.