well lets this about this logically.. is 1.0 > 3.0 ?
now.. realize this is just a programmatically-controlled computer application, it doesnt have reasoning abilities such as you and I. It can only work with the information it is given, and the googlecode stuff translates "Alpha 3.0" into a 'date-style' number, stripping any alpha characters, so that it only sees the numerics.. for most other addons this is fine..
It cannot, however, interpret "Alpha" and "Beta" and considering that Combuctor is, so far, the only addon I've seen that does it this way.. It's probably unrealistic to expect lejordet to make fundamental code changes just to support 1 addon that decided to give version info in a strange (to a binary system) way.
EDIT: However, I -have- noticed a bug.. If you change "Alpha" to "Beta" in your WUU addon preferences, instead of finding the new one, like it should, it says it cannot find the Addon..
Wow.. easy there... I'm pretty much aware, that 3.0 > 1.0 and never requested anything. Just reported a change and a following breakage in WUU.
Tullamods/Combuctor was working till now. I can easily do this with "Other site", but still it's a bug for me.
Quote from lejordet »
I've finally found a temporary laptop, and after struggling with Fedora 8 (the ATi drivers just wouldn't work at all :(), I ended up installing Ubuntu today; hopefully I'll get back in the code again now :P (as everyone knows, it's a bad idea to buy a new laptop of any kind right before a Apple keynote)
Well.. I didnt even notice the missing dot until you pointed it out.. and I'd bet good money that is part of the reason my little change didnt make it work.. I will test, and get back to you on it.
EDIT: Hmmmm I changed the "friendly name" to Combuctor Beta 1, and it still says it cannot find the addon.. But that doesn't rule it out as a possible cause.. I think maybe by me doing that, it now cant find a decent version since all it sees is a 0 as a version and possibly kicks that out.. but this is all speculation until I break down and scan the code..
Well, I was kinda waiting for them to update the MBP line - the Air isn't really the laptop for me (I need something a bit more powerful, and preferrably with a real graphics chip (although the GMA 950 in the old Macbook did give me 20fps in WoW and similar games) :P)
.488/.492 OSX should again self-update nicely to .498 - I still can't make a .dmg :P
* New feature! Added context menu to list control, instead of opening edit dialog on right click
* Bugfix: Possible problem in web site access test
* Bugfix: Fixed smart-update when only WoWAce embedded libraries were updated
* Fixed formatting errors
* Added friendlier error message when 7-zip isn't available (Windows only)
* Info panel now shows related addons [patch 1866042 from sourceforge user iroro]
I haven't had time to look at the Tullamods problems - but I've added a context menu (*holds up shiny new feature to distract the sheepusers*). I've mostly been working on the trainride to work, and since the 3G modem I had was stolen with the Macbook, I have to work on "offline tasks" :P Yes, the context menu is something I've been planning since...I dunno, pre-1.0 - it's still not complete, but most of the features are there (the only thing missing currently is the addon identification when you right-click [Unknown]s)
Also, I've finally gotten around to turning the donations into some new hosting! I'll probably move the domain over sometime this weekend, if the DNS gods are on my side - dunno if there'll be any interruptions in WUU function from that, except the initial version check will be much quicker on the new domain, if my tests are anything to go by :D
* New feature! Identifying [Unknown] addons from the context menu, either by pasting the URL or using the online db
* Site fix: WoWInterface redesign
* Bugfix: Identifying [Unknown] addons failed with "site referenced before assignment"
* Miscellaneous minor fixes