Ok I went through the whole process of removing Curse, cleaning folders, cleaning regedit, and cleaning cookies.
Reinstalled Curse client 184.108.40.206
Scanning my wow folder ... result : half of my addons are considered by Curse as unknown :
to mention only those.
Asked for a refresh ... for those Curse found, like Magic Runes, I have the version r47 (manually installed and this is a release version), Curse want me to update to r45 alpha version prior to the release :(
I installed Curse on another computer, same problem with others addons.
best way i've found out to make cc behave is to tell it to auto detect and install what it thinks best. then go back and fix it. I don't believe that there is a way to make it work correctly as far as anything automatic goes, then again i have no faith in "automatic" anything.
I install CC, then download all the addons I want, then I do a Refresh after I manually checked on wowace if some of the addons add an alpha or beta version I would like to try.
Then I go on the addon, right click on it, and choose either Release, Beta or Alpha.
Until 3 days ago now it was always working fine.
As I said actually it dont do that anymore : I dont see why I should have some version from january 08 when there was a Release in March or April 09. (I could understand the Beta or Alpha be blocked by you the devs but not the Release version).
And Magid Runes is a Release version and I have to download it manually to obtain it.
But for now I think the best way is to update them manually :)) nothing better sometimes than the good old way to get things working fine