Using the latest version, I tried a reinstall etc. To make sure it didn't get corrupted somehow. To no avail, I kick start it, and 100% cpu usage. It started last update, but at this point just doing a "quick" update drives my cpu to madness (read 65C which is my BIOS shut down temp). (Ambient temp is really high, so idle temp is 39-40C right now). I have no clue why this is happening, but any suggestions? Atm I am using JWU because of this.
Thank God, I thought I was the only one seeing this issue.
I have access to 3 PC's and all clocked at 100% with the new version. I reverted back to .746 on 2 PC's and that relieves the clocking issue. (I hope I don;t see the crashing issue)
Unfortunatly 1 of the PC's I was working with I completely remove any wowaceupdater signs, and can not revert back to the .746 version. Anyone know how to download an old version? I tried the .zip but get errors and it does not work.
The other thing I saw was it was taking forever to make an update.
To do 20 updates it ran for over 2 hours, with the CPU at 100%, I finially killed it.
the PC in question is up to date on the .NET patches and has both ver 2 and ver 3
I attempted the re-install route as well, same effect. I'm assuming that the problem lies with the fact that the advertisement at the bottom is no longer changing - perhaps due to WAU being unsupported - because the server which loaded new ads is no longer working, causing WAU to continually attempt to get a new ad.
The workaround I have for this is to open Task Manager, go to the list of processes, sort by CPU, then right-click WAU and give it a low priority. CPU usage is then still extremely high, but gives control back to the system and allows the program to be usable once more.