Okay, I have looked everywhere for this issue, but have not found it. Every time I attempt to run the updater, it closes within 3 seconds. I barely see it flash on and off. No error messeges nothing. Here are the details of the trouble shooting steps I have taken.
1. cleared internet cache and checked for files in application data
2. Restored IE to defaults
3. uninstalled and reinstalled Aceupdater.
4. uninstalled and reinstalled .net 2.0
5. setup the following as trusted sites in IE. *.wowace.com, http://*.wowace.com, http://www.wowace.com
6. disabled firewall, and set this system with the public IP address in the router (hence no firewall at all, hardware or software)My brother who is on the same connection is able to run the updater on his system.
7. pulled out hair in frustration
8. and yes there is an interface folder with an addons directory
The following are my systems specs, though I very seriously doubt it is a hardware issue.
Windows XP professional version 2002 service pack 2
AMD X2 5200+
4 Gigs DDR2 866Mhz
BTW I don't mean to sound demanding or anything, just a bit frustrated. Thank you for your time and help in this matter.
I dont know how you are installing it. You should use the web install page, and when you click the link it should pop up an install dialog which asks if you want to install wowaceupdater, when you say yes it should install the latest version, ie. you should not be downloading anything then running it.
If all else fails, I have linked a non-self updating version of the program in the main thread.