only seems to work if there are updates in progress, try skipping version check and update all your addons, while they're updating just type something like "test" into the search bar.
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at WowAceUpdater.MainForm._addonListView_ItemChecked(Object sender, ItemCheckedEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ListView.OnItemChecked(ItemCheckedEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ListView.WmReflectNotify(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ListView.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
also an error is thrown if you try to search while an update is in progress, suggested fixes:
1) disable search while updating
2) cache the list addons to be updated, instead of reading the .checked status while running.
Already caching - i'll add the search box to the disabled controls during update.
I've been trying to use "/update /noprompts /autoexit" as command line options. It doesn't work as expected. I think the problem is that "/noprompts" doesn't really do anything (that I can tell) because I still get the "New version ..." prompt and unless/until I answer it, the WAU starts looping and I get errors.
Shouldn't "/update /noprompts /autoexit" do an update without any user interaction and then exit? If there is an WAU update available, just put a note in the log.
Looks like the other command line options are:
but it doesn't look like those would help solve my problem.
I have a feature request: would it be possible to add a command line option that would starth WAU, update installed addons based on your preferences, then quit? Maybe with a smaller / hidden window? That would be neat.
i need some help here, i think i tried every solution here to get the latest version running but it doesent work:/ i tried deleting the files in C:\Documents and Settings\"myacc"\Local Settings\Application Data, installed wau in an other directory, disabled firewall, antivir but i cant get it to work. when i reload the index i get this:
so any other solution is welcome to make it work again:/
While running the WAU, at completely random times I'm getting errors that force the WAU closed. It's been happening I think since 1.8..
Also, the option "unpack addons" doesn't work for me. I tried removing my ".nounpack" fules for PitBull and Cartographer, and reinstalled them through the WAU with the option "unpack addons" disabled, and the addons were still unpacked.
And one last thing: It would be nice to see the backupNNN.xml files created in the WAU folder instead of Interface. It looks sloppy with those files floating in there.