ag_UnitFrames - Updating to rev 12822
System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.
at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadFile(Uri address, String fileName)
at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadFile(String address, String fileName)
at WinAceUpdater.WowAceFilesServer.DownloadFile(String fileUrl, String localFileName)
at WinAceUpdater.MainForm.DownloadAndExtract(String addonName, Boolean skipExternals, Boolean skipVersionCheck)
BanzaiAlert - Already at rev 12801 - Skipping
It looks like agUF was in the middle of being updated or didn't have a zip yet for that first rev. The rev # changed on agUF between those syncs. Interesting. I'll take a look and see what I can do about that.
That's quite a good idea, but I have some issues... or at least things I don't understand (which is an issue, per se ^^):
- When I first launched it, I had only a few addons selected;
- After selecting the addons I wanted to check (not all...) and selecting a few I wanted to try (thus I didn't had already), the program seemed to only check a few addons (7 of maybe 30), saying they're subversion working copies;
- In the readme file, DeleteBeforeExtracting is set to true, but in the program it is false.
What I suggest (if you want me to do this on another site, just say so, since I'm writing this here cause it's more convenient to me at the moment):
- Find another way to show installed addons. Pre-selecting them is a bad idea, IMHO... I have more than a hundred addons, and I don't want/need to update them all, and I can't remember every single one of them;
- Make a filter so we can display only installed addons (much easier to browse);
- Make it possible to download those addons we're being shown (but maybe I missed something on that matter).
One problem I'm noticing is when you add something that isnt in your addon folder it doesnt download it like someone previously said. However, It also looks like it will stop the updates from that point. To test what I mean. Remove Ace2 from your addons but check it on the updater. Run the update and it will stop when it hits Ace2. Other than that it's great =)
BTW throwing a empty dummy folder with the correct name fixes the issue.
Hmm, nope that doesnt work either. This is a update tool and not for installs though so it's not really a bug persay. Would be a nice feature though. If I had any clue Id add it myself but wouldn't have a idea how to go about it.
Unless there's a newer version than I have there is no install just update with and w/o externals and unistall.
Hot utility, but... I ran it in a virtual windows session, one a diff machine, to test it. How can you assure everyone its not malicious. With all the key loggers running around, its doubtful Im going to put an executable written by someone I dont know on my machine.