Users of one of my addons are reporting their saved variables are just randomly being wiped out. I've actually experienced it myself, too.
I thought I had fixed it with my last two versions, as I hadn't seen it myself or gotten any more complaints about it for two weeks, but someone just reported the problem again yesterday. They may be using an older version though, I haven't heard back from them yet.
The 0.4 version is the last time I'd seen the bug personally, I thought I had squashed it with 0.5's release. The issue (I thought) was that I was registering for OnEvent above my actual declaration for the function it called. This is my second addon and my first time going all-LUA, so it took me a while to catch on that the order mattered in that case.
I would greatly appreciate it if a more experienced author than I could review my code and see if anything sticks out that might be causing this problem. It's a relatively small addon, and there's probably some obvious problem I'm missing, but I don't know all the differences between using XML and pure LUA.
Thanks for the tips! I went ahead and fixed my filters. Since 3.1 changed what all gets passed in I just kind of abandoned the arguments which is why that unused "msg" variable is there (lazy me), but I didn't know I shouldn't just call arg1 directly, so thanks for that.
My coding's pretty shoddy, I know. I basically self-teach off bits from WoW Wiki. A lot of that information seems to be out-dated though, or not easily located, so my stuff probably looks horrifying to professional or experienced progammers.