???These are the exact instructions I got for installing my cartographer from Curse. (I copied and pasted them) I tried to do the auto install..my computer won't let it. So I have to do it manually
Manual Addon Installation Guide
Step 1: Locate Your World of Warcraft Interface Folder
* Right click on your WoW launch/shortcut icon on your desktop or in your start menu and select "Properties".
* Click the "Open File Location" button and it will open the your WoW installation folder.
* Double click on the "Interface" folder.
Step 2: Unzip Your Addon Folder
* Unzipping your .zip file may vary from machine to machine, but double-clicking the .zip file or right-clicking the .zip file and selecting "Extract All..." should work.
Step 3: Move the Addon Folder to Your World of Warcraft Interface Folder
* Move the addon folder into the interface folder you opened in Step 1.
Step 4: Make Sure the Addon is Loaded
* At your character selection screen, after you select your character but BEFORE you hit the "Enter World" button, click on the "Addons" button in the lower left corner.
* Make sure that the box next to the addon's name is checked, and that you have the "Load out of date AddOns" button checked in the upper right hand corner.
I do exactly as it says. And I can't get it to work or add it. I'm not getting any error messages or anything. Can anyone help? Am I maybe overlooking something?
I have been using an out of date cartographer for abouut 2 years. I have been clicking "Load Out Of Date Addons" and it has always worked. But recently, it won't. So I decided to just download a new one. Everyone I have talked to has told me to go to WoW Curse. So I did. I downloaded a new cartographer and followed the installation instructions it gave me, but it will not add it. I can't figure out why. Do you have any advice? No one in the game seems to know what to do. Thank you for your time