I'm trying to do something grid-ish, very simple tho, a mele char does not need much. I have done it partially, using secureactionbar buttons, but wanted to have it done better, with the ability to mouseover the frames and that actually counts as target=mouseover, so after googling and looking in various addons I went with the SecureGroupHeaderTemplate idea. The problem: I can't get the frame to show, can't get it to call the init function no matter what I have done past 4 hours, I think I tried every combination :(
Thanks Adirelle, I made these changes, but it was still not working, then had to log out on another character to see it working there... turned out it was PanxChat addon, disabled and finally saw it running :p
Yes, PhanxChat increases the maximum number of lines retained by the chat frame when it loads... by Blizzard design, this action erases the current contents of the chat frame, so messages added at load-time by addons that loaded before PhanxChat get nuked. There is a workaround, by reading out all the messages in the frame and then adding them back again afterwards, but for something that only happens once at load-time I don't really see the point. :p
Yeah, seems quite a work for not much gain ;)
Thanks for the explaination, thing is, I have never had problems with PhanxChat(besides it never colors the names :p) - I wrote several other addons that are giving on startup info what their commandline options are, only this was not working. I guess I was lucky with the rest loading after PhanxChat. But man, I was on the edge to just go crazy with this :p
Sigh, nobody reads the damn description. Blizzard added their own code to provide player name coloring patch 3.2, so PhanxChat no longer does that. Turn on the Blizzard feature in the chat options window by checking the checkbox under "Show class colors" next to each mesage type. :rolleyes:
BTW, if you are going to debug a lot, I suggest you to take a look at tekDebug. Its API is very simple, it is quite handy and using it wouldn't annoy people if you forgot to remove your debug statements.