Bartender is an AddOn to move Blizzards default buttons. It has several frames which can be moved around screen and locked into the place you wan't. There is also a feature to hide the frames you don't need.
- Show/Hide all frames with rightmouse button when frames are unlocked.
- Move/Lock all actionbars + Bags + MicroButtons + QuestWatch.
- Frames will Stick to others when moved near.
- Independent Scale for all frames.
- Dewdrop config
- Metrognome AutoHide for bars
- Padding for Buttons
- Movable Minimap
- Background with Colorpicker
- Alpha for bars
- toggle for KeyBinds
- Rotate Bars
If you got feature-requests / you wan't to help me/us to make Bartender a better mod, This is the place to speak :)
Big thanks go to:
Neronix, made the Scaling-support
kergoth, made the StickyFrames-support + extra help with bugs
I'd really like to get rid of DAB and replace it with a shiny new Ace2 bar mod (Mikma, converting it to Ace2 is easy!). Even though I tried other bar mods besides DAB, I can't stop using it as it has a couple of very nice features - these I'd like to see in Bartender:
- switch the page of a bar depending on target (if target is friendly, show healing page, otherwise show damage page)
- switch page of a bar on metakey-down and toggle it back on metakey-up
- allow same but also different keybindings for these pages
- if a bar is scaled to <1, don't scale the buttons but crop each button (aka keep them at 100%, but cut off a part of it on all sides). This dramatically increases readability of the icons
- a simple way to add scripts to show/hide buttons (I can code the script myself, but I'd perfer not to have to hack an addon but save that data somewhere else so it can be reused when updating the addon). Example: show drink button if out of combat and mana < 80%.
finally, and probably obvious: color buttons red if out of range, color them blue if not enough mana - plus a cooldown counter.
PS: to describe my current setup: one bar with 10 icons and 3 pages (friendly, enemy, buffs). The first 2 pages change automatically, keybindings are always 1-10. If I press and hold alt, page3 is shown instead. While holding alt, I can access these buttons via alt-1 - alt-10. Besides that, I have 3 floaters I'm hiding unless they are needed (e.g. the drink button, a mana pot button,...)
Any chance these features could find their way into Bartender?
If you're taking feature requests, my biggie would be button spacing! And maybe a background option? And an option to hide the binding text? I don't want to add too much, I love that these are so light weight. I find I hardly even miss DAB.
I was thinking a simple color picker / alpha for the background. The ability to have a border would be nice too, but then things get complex, like what happens to borders when bars are docked to eachother and whatnot. I can always just write a tiny mod to put borders where I want, I guess!
I've just always been bothered by the "floating UI element." Call me weird :P.
Mikma, just a quick question: which of the suggestions I made in my reply#1 found their way into Bartender, or what would be possible by adding a few lines which I could probably write myself? As I'd really like to replace DAB, I can spend some hours working on Bartender if I'd know what really needs to be done :)
Maia: I'm sure they all are now possible to put in Bartender2 :)
I'm trying to make the core work first, and then people can do their own modules and add them to svn/send them to me :)
The core of Bartender2 is nearly complete. It doesn't have any way ingame to configure the bars yet (except for /script's). Last night I tested, tested, and tested some more, and finally moved it from svn's branches to trunk!
Quick "howto" on the yet to come GUI-options:
There is 10 bars now. Bar1-3 are the bars on bottomleft, Bar4-5 are the bars on right side, Bar6-7 are Shapeshift and Petactionbuttons, Bar8 is Bagbar, Bar9 is Microbuttonbar, and Bar10 is BonusActionButton (same place than Bar1, is hidden and will become visible in stealth/stanceshift!)
You can see the numbers on Bars when you unlock them.
/script Bartender:Scale(Bar1,value) (value can be almost anything. without the value it will reset the scale to default ( Bartender:Scale(Bar1) )
/script Bartender:Padding(Bar1,value) (value can be almost anything. without the value it will reset the padding to default for that bar ( Bartender:Padding(Bar1) )