No idea either. I'm usually setting the scale after acquiring (and clearing) the tip and before populating it, because I remember at the early revisions of the library, if I would scale after populating the tip with data, it wouldn't display properly. I have yet to try out r77, though, planning to do this tonight ;)
Apparently the parent of the column and line frames was not being set to nil upon release - at least, that's what I gathered from Elkano's change log. At any rate, I've changed the library to use frameHeap again and all tests on my end come up clean.
I've also added a new tooltip method; AddSeparator(height, r, g, b, a) which allows the lib user to insert a separator line in the tooltip and optionally specify arguments.
and even if there are, which is not, they would be comiting suicide... ähm... they would just sit inaccessable in the old heaps resulting in a bit memory overhead but nothing breaking. Since they only get into the heaps when no longer being used.
And wrt the exposed functions: as you said, they never were part of the API so I don#t see any problem in breaking them.
That is ? Stringwidth does not match the effective width of the text ?
Basically, the clipping issue is totally variable depending on the font you are using. If I use the standard game font, completely unaltered, then I get no clipping of any kind. If I replace the font, using CF2, or Tekticles or just by putting a Fonts dir in the WoW folder, then I get different clipping depending on which font is used.
The font issue does not show up at all if I use the pre-scrolling version of LQT. With the latest r78 and beyond, the clipping issue shows up if I use certain fonts. Never with the standard game font. Calibri also works fine. Others start to clip the right hand side. Torhal mentioned that the scrollable branch added height/width constraints - so maybe that's what's going on.
Also worth noting is that if I am looking at a clipped tooltip, and I play with the scale, I can make the clipping go away by changing the scale around to a significantly larger scale (115%+). Maybe also worth noting that my font of choice, which clips like mad, is quite small compared to the standard game font, or Calibri.
Unfortunately, while I'm fairly decent at coding some stuff after 3 years, frame type code still eludes me, so I can't personally help troubleshoot it any further.