I think I found a sort of error in the instructions (sort of).
I tried adding the MyMedia.lua and MyMedia files folder with a single font file. I managed to get the font to work with Clearfont2 and a custom fontpack file, but I couldn't get it to show up at all with the other default MyMedia fonts.
I repeatedly checked the code to make sure there was no mistake, and made sure that every file was where it was supposed to be, exactly as the instructions dictate, but still nothing. So, I decided to check the SharedMedia.lua's code, and the entries were a little different.
The instructions state entries should look like this:
SML:Register("font", "my font's name", "Interface\\Addons\\SharedMedia\\MyMedia files\\myfont.ttf")
But SharedMedia.lua has them like this:
SML:Register("font", "my font's name", [["Interface\Addons\SharedMedia\MyMedia files\myfont.ttf"]])
I tried the second way (single "\"s with double brackets) and it worked. I suppose maybe the instructions file should be changed?
Edit: well after a little testing. . . I got the font to work like this, but where it did work, I had to do a /rl for it to show up. In some AddOns it would not work at all and upon a reload I get a slew of errors claiming the font is not set. Well, no idea whats up anymore =/
It should work perfectly fine either way... The way it's written in the instructions is how it was originally written in SharedMedia/SharedMediaLib - it was changed to the second way a couple weeks ago. My fonts still work, which are set up the same way as in the instructions.
Thats prolly it lol im sorta kinda a huge noob at this lol.
*edit* ok there was already a LUA which i modified to mine. Eepanels2 is now noticing my Uidash but it seems it doesn't have the picture that i need it too. It doesn't have anything at all lol.
I made the pic in Flash and exported it as a jpg since it doesn't have a tga export function. I tried to export it in Photoshop as well and its still not showing up. So do you know the best way to export it from a JPG to a TGA with out loss of the picture? Is there a file size requirement that im missing or something?
Or anyone else for that matter that uses this program and has inserted thier own pics or textures.
But with this code user don't have choice self registered in sharedmedia fonts. Only 5 fonts - Arialn, Frizqt, etc are accessible in gui to a choice.
If i delete this code part, fonts choice work fine.
Please fix (delete this code) it bad locale for ruRU client;(
If the fonts aren't registered with LibSharedMedia-3.0 as having ruRU glyphs then it won't show them. If you want to look at SharedMedia and find out which included fonts have all ruRU glyphs you can post the list and somebody can fix it.
No, you dont understand.
I have fonts registered in Sharedmedia libs, but i dont have choice font table in graphic user interface settings with this code.
For example (Grid addon):
- with ruRU locale code in sharedmedia lib:
- tab Fonts, i only see:
- without ruRU locale code in sharedmedia lib:
- tab Fonts, i see:
and all my registered fonts
No, Arrowmaster is 100% correct.
The game clients for koKR, zhCN and zhTW are mainly using non-latin chars. The ruRU client will most likely be mainly using Cyrillic chars.
The main userbase of SharedMedia is using game clients using Latin chars, though. Many of the fonts in SharedMedia thus most likely won't support non-latin chars though. That's why LibSharedMedia-3.0 provides a mechanism for telling if a font is compatible with the main charset of a given client.
By default, if no further information is given, a font is only considered compatible with the Latin charset. Until now, noone ever checked the fonts in SharedMedia for the other charsets in order to add the information needed.
Without the codeblock you mentioned, LibSharedMedia-3.0 doesn't know that there is something like a ruRU client at thus considers it as aclient using Latin charset. Correct me if I'm wrong but that's not correct for the ruRU client.
I'll see if I find a good program for checking a font wrt the charsets and then I'll add the needed info to SharedMedia in order to give you access to those fonts that support Cyrillic chars on the ruRU client.
Tnx for answer, but in present time LSM3 its not usable (for fonts) for ruRU client.
Its impossible to choose Latin and Latin/Cyrillics chars.
The user himself chooses fonts which will register, whether also he knows they will work with its client and whether it is necessary for it.
And it is better to see question signs in fontsrings, than not to see in general choice possibility.