After getting a few errors with several addons i checked all libraries in !!!Libs. Turns out that several libraires are not updated to latest revisions. A few examples are Babble-Zone-2.2, Dewdrop-2.0, FuBarPlugin-2.0, Jostle-2.0, Tablet-2.0 and Tourist-2.0. Updating those libraries myself, fixed the errors i had.
One of the reasons for me using !!!Libs was load time, which decreased a lot since i started using it but if it's not being updated regularly, i might be forced to stop using it.
Would using svn solve that problem? Cause the libraries are all externals and u get latest revisions using svn?
If you're using the zips, !!!Libs must be touched EVERY TIME a library is updated. Otherwise it will drift out of date. Not a good thing there.
If you're using WoWAceUpdater then you should install at the proper standalone libraries by grabbing !!!StandaloneLibraries off the file server and running WAU to pull down each of the libraries contained in it.
How I got them was:
1) Used the files page to get the zip
2) Took the empty folders OUT of the !!!Standalone folder and put them in my Addons folder, with the rest of my addons.
3) Used WAU to update them as a regular Ace Addons - I use the RSS feed to watch when they get updated as well
I used the AceZips files page to get the original !!!Standalone as WAU seems not to like to unzip empty folders.
When I downloaded !!!StandaloneLibraries-r17154.zip from the web site of zips there are only two files in the zip and no "Empty folders". Is this a drawback of the autozip script?
No, it's a drawback of your unzip program most likely. If you are using WinZip it won't show the empty folders. I used unzip on my OSX machine to get them, although a friend told me that the builtin unzipper in WinXP showed them too.
Why do you guys use it? Seriously..im interested in the answer, because 1) it causes lots of problems for me when I try to distribute my addons, and 2) Standalones are better (technically)
Im interested in knowing what could be done to convince you to stop using !!!Libs.
For instance - i created some batch files that would (sorry mac users) let you just copy the !!!StandaloneLibraries directory into your addons folder - then run install.bat, and if you wanted to remove them - run uninstall.bat. It just was a simple change to make managing all those folders easier.
ok fixed my problems. Buffalo was the culprit. changed self.dewdrop in local dewdrop and loaded dewdrop at the beginning instead of OnInitialize. Chronometer and QuestFu were my fault .. had PaintChipsLib off ;)