Dear WowAce team, there is an issue with GHI (Gryphonheart items) 1.0.2 - 1.1.3 and Ace3 addons. The problem is that the trade option of GHI doesnt work on russian servers. When we try to trade we recieve message The trade recipient is busy. My friend reported this bug to GHI team and theres their answer: We are aware of one problem that effects russians in particular. It is regarding communication to players who got special characters in their names. Currently they can not receive any addon communication from GHI. This is due to a bug in AceComm, which is a 3rd party library. In other words we sadly can not do much and will have to await a fix from their side. (http://www.pilus.info/cms/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=2651). Over month passed from that answer and that bug is still not fixed. I hope you can fix it and sorry if I wrote this on a wrong part of forum.
P.S. Sorry for bad English, I tried my best.
hey.. not sure if this is the right place to put this.. but i was told by a few people get errors now and then with some add ons due to the letter Ð isn't added to The AceComm library or support it.. was wondering if there ever will be support for the letter for those who have it. or a way to support it :)
There is no such thing as AceComm supporting this or that character. However, it could be possible that the letter Ð caused a bug in some way. If this was the case, AceCom developers (what I'm not) would need something like an error report or a way to reproduce the error at will. Right now, unless they have heard of some related bug, your report is too much vague to start to work with.
There was already a thread about this; searching the forums for "acecomm Ð" brought it up with no difficulty. I merged your thread into the existing one. Please try searching for related threads before making new ones in the future.
This sounds very very weird. AceComm doesn't even touch the sender/recipient names, it just passes them to Blizzard's APIs.
Also, AceComm by itself does nothing on trading.
If I had to wager a guess, I would say that Pilus has seen a generic UI taint message, which routinely gets blamed on Ace3 when running disembedded (because the client calls Ace3 for an event and Ace3 then dispatches it to another addon, but the client doesn't know that). And then he somehow did 1 + 1 and arrived at 3: "it's acecomm's fault!".