There are several very good addons that pick the best team to complete missions. What I'm missing is an addon to help me build up my roster of followers so that a best team is always available.
As most of us, I'm at 30+ followers on several toons. I've even pretty much equalized Abilities: I've got 4-6 of each and a few of the more notable traits (scavenger...). Yet I've noticed wildly varying efficiency on different toons. Upon investigation, that was due to abilities combos and traits-abilities combos: one has to not only make sure to have a few of each ability, but also that upon reaching Epic quality, followers do not become duplicates, for example with all your "group damage" followers also countering "powerful spell", or all your "scavenger" followers countering only "magic debuff".
That optimization process currently has to be done by hand, and is a pain:
- review all abilities one by one to flag duplicates (well counters really, different abilities counter the same thing)
- dig into the duplicates' traits to spot which dupe is more expendable
- double check if you are missing an ability combo around the one you just deduped
- try to see how you can get that missing combo (retired follower, Inn recruitment, rep/quest/achievement... follower)
This begs for a Follower Roster Magagement addon, which would
- flag duplicate followers (based on Abilities, plus the Scavenger trait ?)
- flag missing Abilities combos (not all are possible I think, so only the possible ones), and suggest a source (get a Pally from the Inn -25% chance upon reaching Epic-, get Millhouse, buy XXX, reactivate Forgotten Sucker 001, ...)
- enforce or not minimum number of follower w/traits such as tradeskills, bonus rewards, mission duration...)
- maybe take into account high-value Raid missions to make sure you can get to 100% on those.