I'm posting this because it seems to me that an addon like this has probably been built. However I haven't been able to find it yet so before I go ahead and re-invent the wheel I'd like to see if anyone knows of addons that might do the same thing as what I'm suggesting.
- Multiple lists (mainly for 2 different people that use the same account but have different friends)
- Global storage of lists so it can be accessed and updated from any toon you play
- Interfaces with RealID friends (don't know if this is possible yet)
- Tracks multiple toons to the same person.
- Allows you to set "long" notes to a person or toon.
- Allows you to "tag" players or toons with user defined flags (ex. of tags: scribe, great player, ninja, connection problems, does achievement runs)
- Has a search option to search by race, name, class, tags and online/offline (maybe last known guild).
Anyways, like I said, this addon seems so obvious that I'm surprised if someone hasn't built it already. However if it hasn't been built I'm also open to feedback on features of the addon as I might just go ahead and build it.
good idea, but srsly... sharing accounts is not allowed as per ToS (generally). So please remove that aspect from the good idea :)
I know it's usually against the ToS however I have a few friends that have kids that play the same account which is to my understanding allowed as long as the kids are young enough. I was thinking of them specifically when I thought of the feature.
However now that I think about it in more detail the addon would have to be setup that way anyways because there are no global variables per server and per alliance/horde. So regardless having multiple lists would be a necessity for anyone that plays on multiple servers or horde and alliance. Granted I could always hard-code a single list per server per faction but that could result in tremendous amounts of data that would be saved over and over for renamed or server transferred characters, not to mention lost contact lists.
An additional feature I've thought about adding is a rating system (1-5 star) for raid performance (per toon/player/both?) and then maybe a way to share your ratings with other people with the addon (much like gatherer)... obviously with options to turn auto-sharing off.
I know it's usually against the ToS however I have a few friends that have kids that play the same account which is to my understanding allowed as long as the kids are young enough.
Technically, you are allowed to share an account with one of your minor (under 18) children. So, if you had three kids who wanted to play, you'd need three accounts to be in strict compliance with the ToS. In practice, though, I doubt Blizzard would ban your account for letting more than one of your kids play on it.