The Blizzard UI for the new 6.0 premade group finder has a lot of problems. Basic functionality is there and works, but it's missing a lot of features we came to enjoy with oQueue.
I don't know how much of the below is even possible with the Blizz premade finder, so please excuse any crazy suggestions.
Anyone else interested in this?
- Resizable UI
- Direct hotkey to premades
- Makes poor use of space, multiple rows per entry
- Can't browse for premades while you're in one (in case you want to jump ship)
- PvP custom section is full of PvE premades. They should be shuffled over to the dungeons&raids section.
- Needs separate Challenge Mode section
- Flag region (Oceanic can't raid world bosses with Americas)
- Flag language (for EU servers, and portugese/spanish in americas)
- Auto-refresh every X seconds when open
- Show lowest, average, and highest itemlvl in the raid when browsing
- Separate raid tabs for normal (formerly flex) and heroic. Or maybe some sort of standard tagging system?
- Regex filters (ie, I commonly used the filter "!flex & !soo" to separate out the super-common stuff in oQueue)
- Save filters (dropdown showing last 20 unique filters used)
- Separate step to confirm role after waitlisting is annoying. Should be able to select my role and skip it.
- No way to create a premade for random heroic scenarios
- No way to create premades for LFR
- No way to specify role for waitlisters. Say your raid only needs healers, you can say "healers only" in the description but random people will still waitlist.
- Also, separate ranged DPS and melee DPS.
- Sort columns- by name, zone, required itemlvl, etc
- Show ALL premades, not just the first X. Obviously WoW has millions of players so it will need to be pageable.
- Tool should be raid lockout-aware. If you're locked to boss X, it shouldn't show raids earlier on.
- No way to specify class for waitlisters. If you need a certain raidbuff, or bloodlust, or whatever.
- Show how many people are already waitlisted
- Show premades you're not eligible to join, with a checkmark to only show those eligible. Often I'll be playing an alt, and want to check for my main.
- Show loot type when browsing (master loot when the description says free rolls, etc)
- Can only waitlist for 5 minutes. Often when trying to join multiple raids, they keep you on ice until people drop or they need you. This is likely a Blizzard restriction, though.
Quite a bunch of your requirements are sadly not possible, since while you can write a replacement UI, you cannot get any extra information that the functions don't give you, or add any restrictions or anything like that.
For example, you couldn't create new categories, as Blizzard defines which categories exist and which do not.
Practically, you can take the data the group finder gives you and show it in nicer ways, maybe make the search a bit more sane, but sadly any actual new functions are rather limited.
There are no scenarios at level 100, which is why its not part of the group finder.
First digit: 1=PvE, 2=PvP
Second digit: 1=null, 2=CM
Third digit, region: 1=NA, 2=Br, 4=EU, 8=KR, 16=CN (You add them. So 1 would be NA for outdoor world bosses, and 3 would be NA+BR for instances)
Fourth digit, Language: 1=En, 2=Sp, 4=Portugese, 8=French, 16=German
So for a group with the PvE (1), non-CM (1), NA+Br (3), English (1) attributes the tag would look like
temple of 4 winds xmog run WE WILL SUMMON [1,1,3,1]
People without the addon would see the [1,1,3,1] at the end; people with the addon would not, but it would be filtered and categorized properly.
PvE and PvP are already classified separately, so thats hopefully just a bug on Blizzards side (or possibly user stupidity in using it?)
Groups don't extend past their own region, so NA+Oceanic are really the only with the region requirement for world bosses, otherwise its really not required information (would never see a NA group in EU, for example)
Could possibly use user-readable tags for the stuff that remains, that makes it less confusing for everyone.