I am desperately trying to find an easy to use DKP addon.
I need a DKP manager addon that can be used ingame 100%. I don;t want any biding abilities for it.
I would like the addon to have the folowing features:
- i need powerful sorting tools for players, class, ranks, online/offline, inraid/offraid, out of any raids and so on, so that I can be able to give DKP points to the selected list by a click, once I did the proper selection.
- I want it to store a list with prices for the items that can drop, or to be able to put it dirctly when looted.
- I want it to be able to give to a predefined list, every hour or 10 minutes, points for being online and ready for raid, and also taking in account that ppl can be on alts.
- I want it to be possible to assign an alt to a main char, so that can share DKP points.
that's all for the moment,
can you give me a hint?
okay, so this addon saves the DKP points in officers note.
but from the documentation i didn;t see if this addon can reward this list of players.
I have 2 situations:
1. I want to give points by a click to all in current raid, for being online at a fixed hour, and when a boss is down.
2. While raids, I want to be able to give everyone in GUILD that has at least an alt online, and their main are level 70, points for being online. So that I can chose later wich diserves to become a raider and who doesn't.
One other thing I would like is to receive a confirmation for those options. I would like to set up the hour of the raid, and the addon to ask me at fixed hour, every hour of the raid, when boss down, if I want to give points or not to everyone who is online/or only to raiders.
i have big problems in my guild.
ppl not coming to raids, we are 150 ppl in guild, and after 3 ppl left the guild, for wiping too much, we started to fix the system.
and we found the folowing conclusions:
- we have 15 ppl attending 90% of the raids.
- the other 10 ppl most of the time you cannot get out of the rest of 135 ppl.
- they are causing the wipes. why??
let me tell you why:
- i cannot convince them to install KTM and group calendar, not to mention about ventrilo.
- they don't even have a user on our forum so this results in ppl not reading boss strategies, as we do take time to explain even the most stupid/young player in our guild, the things that he has to do at a boss.
so the idea is get rid of those, or convince them somehow to come to raids.
the only idea i had is to introduce dkp system, to find out who earned most dkp points. i split the guild in 2.
ppl i know that come to raids, i made them raiders, and the rest are only soldiers :p.
Some days we are more then 25 ppl that are geared for grull/ssc, and I want to give points to everyone that is online, and give points for killing bosses only to the ones that are in raid.
is not fair to give only the raiders points for being online, but in the other hand I want to give points to everyone online in guild, while the raids are on. Like this in 2 weeks I will see how many points earned the raider with the lowest dkp and how much has the soldier with the highest dkp earned.
Like this I can make some changes, and promote only ppl that care about guild. But this I can do only by awarding everyone in guild with dkp, as I cannot waste time writing down who is online and who is not. The systems that I tryed until now did not give me any solution for awarding everyone. I found one addon that gave me the solution of viewing everyone in guild, but I have to check player by player, to see who is online and who's not.
And I have to reward them one by one. And that takes like 10 minutes, especialy if I want to do this every hour of raiding, is dezastrous.
Even if 2 raids at the same time, only one officer/gm will give points to everyone, while the other officer in the second raiding group, will give only points for boss killing.(also hand in the job to give points to all online if raid 2 takes longer then raid 1).
Also as an idea, only raiders have the right to bid/roll for items first, and only if no raider needs that item, the rest are alowed to roll.
please help me in this idea, as would help my guild verry much.
i know that your addon doesn;t do that, but I would really appreciate if you could tell me any other addon that does it, or if I convinced you to do it, just let me konw
giving DKP to people not in the raid has to be done manually, i don't know any addon that handles this... we award dkp to people who are on standby, they get the same amount of points as the people in the raid, only without the boss kills points (so only the points / 30 min)
The solution for your problem isn't DKP, at least not for the guildies. Because then you'll get folks who log on in time for DKP distribution and log off again.
Make is simple:
Those without forum account, ktm and vent do NOT get to raid.
Not there in time: Fine, you forfeited your spot in the raid.
We have a few rules in my guild for just this reason.
1. No vent, no threatmeter = no raiding unless you're a PUG. (or it's for a heroic ;))
2. Attendance: 80% attendance for raids, or you get booted to social, which means you can use DKP AFTER the raider status if no raider needs it.
3. Sign up and miss the raid: Social status when it happens more than once. (Good excuses like hospital visit etc don't get counted to this one)
4. Be on time, or lose a spot.
Personally, since you use groupcalendar, you could make it so that everyone signs up, those surely going get x points for being on time, being prepared etc, those that are willing to go (standby) sign up as such in groupcalendar AND should be ready to go OUTSIDE the instance. Then you assign points based on only that. That should get a message across for more people to use GC and be online ;) That is if they want some loot.
5. Leave mid-raid (when it is obvious you did not DC - eg. you're on vent, leave raid and are online for a bit longer) can lead to a /gkick
Our GM also plans on posting strategies and videos for bosses on the forums and doing a pop quiz prior to the raid to ensure we all *did* read the strategy and watched the video. What the possible penalty is, I don't know yet - since it's not been implemented.
verry good ideas, thank you alot for the reply
but there are some problems with this...
first of all, you are right that ppl that want to be awarded, shouldn't be going in heroics while the raid, as they should be all the time ready to enter the instance and help us if any slot becomes available. At least I can let them do some gather, and summon them only if needed.
This addon can do reward the entire raid for being online while raiding even if I have 35 players in raid and only 25 ppl in instance?
And can it award only the 25 ppl that are raiding with boss kill dkp?
If we invite more then 10 ppl online for Kara let's say, aren't they going to get saved with that group? and won;t be able to go kara with the other group?
I would really like to use another addon, if there is any, just to give some other kind of points even if I'm the only one to see it, to all ppl online in guild. So that I can have all the time an idea about wich ppl are more online and wich are not, and give a chance to come to raids for the ppl that are not raiders but are more online then the actual raiders. Even if I give 1 point per night when i see that player online, would be great.
And this can replace the fact that I wanted this to be seen into DKP points.
In other words, to make sure I explained properly, there were 2 things I wanted to solve with the dkp addon.
- give dkp to ppl that are online for raid but don't have a spot, so that this will make them soon don;t get any loot at all.
- using dkp addon or any other addon track the ppl that are online, to make easyer a lsit of most active players.
And this can decide if any raider will be demoted or a social ranked player will get to be raider.
At the moment I have less then 25 raiders and want to see who is more online without loosing all my time to sort lists and give points manualy. And I cannot be too drastic, but you;re right, geting them into raid will be nice as they will want to come to raids :D
I didn't say that people shouldn't be in heroics, while they're on standby. I am saying:
1. Don't award DKP for being online. It will get abused. You're better off watching who is actively working WITH the guild. You can have people online all the time, who never speak, never run anything with the guild. They would get DKP and a potential promotion while all the did was sit in Shat?
2. Again, the "online" awarding is no fix. Those that are standby (waiting for a spot to open up but otherwise ready to go), those should get points. Others, no.
DKP : Dragon Kill Points. Otherwise it'd be named "Online Time Points"
Like I said, you complained that some guildies won't install required addons. Tell me frankly to install it, or not raid with you. I personally DO boot people from a raid for NOT having a threatmeter. Under normal circumstances, no threatmeter shouldn't be a problem if you know how much TPS you generate, when you realize what you can do before pulling aggro, but most don't and that's the problem. Explain it to them, no vent/threatmeter = no raids.
ty for the answer
I get your point.
I also agree with you. This means that if I want just to track ppl online, I shouldn't award them DKP. What I want can be solved with auxiliary addons.
We are at the moment more then 25 ppl, been recruiting alot, and I cannot take everyone in raids. But with an addon that tracks who is online while raids, I can pick one player of them who is most active. As I realized that attendence is more important then anything. Ppl that attend to raids, are interested in loot, and have time for it, and also will to do everything is necesary to become a raider. I know that standby DKP can be abused, and that's why I won't give DKP for being onlie, you convinced me.
But I would like to see a statistic of the ppl online, and give a chance to the most active.(invite him to raid - and if he does well promote him instead of another that been there for longer but is not as active as the new one).
We only give standby DKP to those who actually showed up to the raid (unless their repsective team leader (tank/heal/dps) already told them not to show up.
Sitting in shattrath isnt good enough, they need to be outside the instance and showing willing.
If they dont get into the initial raid, they do have to come if they are needed, if they cant or wont, then they dont get the standby (or attendance credit) for the day.
We use eqdkp with some custom modifications, we have the usual event=zone tracking, but I also have some extra events "Attendance - BT" / "Attendance - MH" / "Attendance - SWP", which dont have DKP, but they do have a list of attendees, then I have an extra php script that summarises peoples attendance according to the Attendance - * raids.
When you get 5+1 raids from MH, 9+1 from BT, giving people 10 raid attendance marks is a bit much =)