I've been playing around with this and it really has tons of potential. Is anyone still working on? I'd be happy with even a few more features:
- Improved support of frames to dock to (if it gets minimized with the default main bar, you can't get it back up)
- Slash commands, etc. to reset it in case of the above
- A read me file. Can't seem to get it create/show an input field.
- More movability. Can't seem to actually move it anywhere.
...Dream Chat got an update! Thank you for working on it!!
It's still not working quite yet. When I load it, I get a little down arrow and a window that responds to it, but no chat gets sent to it. Also, it extends down off of my screen. Just trying to give some feedback.
Kuruth- Move the window - box left to the down arrow (shows on mouseover). To get text into it, right click that down arrow for options-select which channels etc you want in it. One thing I don't like on it right now is the text input box, it needs 'new paint' :P
When I saw there was an update it had to check it out.
It looks great but I am missing something or is there no way to make a hidden frame visible again? And no way to delete a frame once created?
I messed up the config within seconds and had to delete and now I am starting over :) I do hope though that now that I have worked out the above limitations I will get a working configuration to do some testing.
Wow! This is fantastic! It's so close to perfect! Thank you guys for continuing to work on this. I'm just incredibly excited about this mod. I would love to have this replace my default chat windows, and to that end,I do have a couple of questions. =0)
1) Can it be made so that when I hit ENTER or /, the edit bar comes up instead of having to double click the frame?
2) The edit box doesn't seem to be working. I click it to bring it up, and it automatically says "SAY". I try to change to the GU by typing /gu, but to no avail. I try clicking on the edit box, and it opens up to the "SAY" channel again. When I try typing in that channel and hit Enter, it doesn't go through.
3) Any way to have messages longer than the width of the window go to "..." instead, and display the full message when the window gets maximized?
4) Would it be possible to have the windows react so that if one window is maximized, and I click to maximize another window, the window that was already maximized minimizes?
5) How do I hide the default window(s)?
Also a couple of bugs...
1) [2007/02/23 01:01:32-327-x1]: AceLibrary: Bad argument #3 to <...nterface\AddOns\FuBar\libs\AceLibrary\AceLibrary.lua:103> (number expected, got nil):
<in C code>: in function `error'
FuBar-25921\libs\AceLibrary\AceLibrary.lua:85: in function <...nterface\AddOns\FuBar\libs\AceLibrary\AceLibrary.lua:38>
(tail call): ?:
FuBar-25921\libs\AceLibrary\AceLibrary.lua:376: in function `IsNewVersion'
AceDebug-2.0\AceDebug-2.0.lua:16: in main chunk
2) 2007/02/23 01:04:00-327-x2]: DreamChat-0.9\Messaging.lua:363: attempt to index global 'self' (a nil value)
DreamChat-0.9\Messaging.lua:160: in function `SendMessage'
DreamChat-0.9\EditBox.lua:247: in function `EditBoxEnter'
<string>:"DreamChatEditBox:OnEnterPressed":1: in function <[string "DreamChatEditBox:OnEnterPressed"]:1>