I'd love to see a HUD add-on along the lines of PitBull. Basically a HUD framework, where users can create very customized HUDs based on their own preferences.
I tried ArcHUD2, but didn't like the fact I had little control over the placement of text informations (like hitpoints, mana, etc.)
Here's what'd make a HUD for me:
Both straight and curved bar styles (use StatRings system for curved).
Capability to configure it extensively (placement of each bar, bar colour, visibility of each bar).
Option to display numeric and other text values (such as health, mana, percentages, combo points) and configure quite specifically where these values are displayed (inside bar, outside bar, at what horizontal position along the bar).
Combo points shown as bubble/markers of some sort (rather than as a single solid bar).
Capability to save and load different HUD configurations.
I am also unsatisfied with the current existing HUD, I am currently using MetaHud but it lacks configuration options (you can't set the position of each bar for example) and I really miss an energy ticker which I can no longer with without.
Here is what I wish to see in a HUD:
- all the possible bars for me, my target and my focus (and the ability to chose which one to display/hide)
- movable bars (you can change the ordering)
- energy ticker like the one pitbull has but vertical and on the energy bar as an overlay
- clear combo points display, for me a HUD is something that helps me and so I need to clearly see how many points I have while looking in the middle of the screen (the one from metahud is nearly perfect)
- configurable text labels (again metahud is good on this)
- optional casting overlay on mana bar (again like metahud ^^)
- movable and configurable display of target's infos (nearly all the hud I tried do this, some better than others)
Other random ideas that may be cool to have :
- change hp target/focus bar color when under a crowd control spell
- flash the energy bar when full
I've been learning the WoW api with the eventual goal of making a HUD.
My idea was to have three basic displays Bars, Ticks, and Text.
Text would simply be a line of info via DogTag. Can be moved around anywhere/anchored to bars.
Bars would have a start, middle, end point each with a position, width and rotation. The bar would curve automatically. Each bar would be filled up from point a to point b of stat of unit. So you could create a bar for 5-5 combo points of target.
Ticks would simply be lines that travel across a bar every x seconds starting on an event. So you could have ticks for attack timer/five second rule/regen/etc.
I'm not sure about a casting bar, but you could make one with Ticks I guess.
And of course everything would have options to change color/fade depending on status.
I've been working on the codeing, but I'm going to wait till Ace3 comes out and reevaluate which framework I want to use.
Considering that Shadow HUD has been (permanently?) discontinued, I think this should be revisited.
ShadowHUD was/is based on MetaHUD. Since the ShadowHUD/UI author is now gone, I did a Q&D (Quick and Dirty) hack job to import the ShadowHUD textures to a recent build of MetaHUD. I would like to continue the project as it requires some code swaping so the ShadowHUD/UI default colors and such will be used upon install however my account is currently on ice due to a lack of spare cash. You can find the current ShadowHUD build on WoWI, it works, just some of the layouts (such as the texts) are off as they are curretly in the MetaHUD default positions.