Lately I've been working very hard to Ace2 many of my addons, and to improve performance, and in documenting my work I came across some links to old mods I previously used, one being Kill on Sight List (a.k.a. Player Notes):
This mod had simple and effective functionality that I haven't seen anyone else reproduce, and it broke down a bit more every few WoW patches. I've searched and asked high and low for anything like it, with no results. The community here seems pretty amazing, so I figured someone here might be interested.
The defining features that set this mod apart from others were:
1) You could add a person either by targeting them and pressing a button or typing /kos add
There was also manual entry functionality with an optional <note> field using: /kos add <name> <note>
2) An entire guild could be added with /kos addguild <guild>
3) Adding a player or guild defaults them as an enemy, you could manually toggle them to friendly by editing your list.
4) After adding a player or guild, mousing over that player or someone in a guild you added would put up a message in the red error area: "Kill on Sight - <PlayerName> - ( <GuildName> | <Note> )"
Message is red for hostile, green for friendly.
5) It would remember the level/class of any player you added.
In the field it's extremely useful for remembering people who were horrible or good in instances, or quickly identifying which enemy are friendly or hostile in neutral rep-grinding locales like Silithus. One thing that would be good to implement in a new version would be cross-realm functionality for Battlegrounds, which could come in handy for noting afk botters or worthy opponents.
There was other functionality that I personally think was extraneous, like remembering win/loss records vs. certain people, adding red/green elite dragons around their portrait, or playing a sound along with the message on mouseover, but the core things I mentioned above were the truly useful part of the mod.
I apologize if something like this does exist, but I haven't been able to find anything with player/guild, friendly/hostile toggles, mouseover, or cross-server functionality, much less all of them. I'm just beginning to try learning about lua myself. I doubt I could make a serious attempt, so I figured I had nothing to lose by posting it here & polling interest. Thanks for any help.