I have a problem on my shaman- there are addons that I cannot disable no matter what I do. I've removed Addon control Panel in case that was the problem, and I physically disable from the character screen, log in, and I still have Auracle/Shadowed Unit Frames, a couple of Grid indicator modules still on. It's really bugging me. I don't have this problem on my priest, my other 80. I've tried resetting my shaman's Saved Variables, no good. I've been trying to experiment with SuF and Pitbull, so sometiems I want Pitbull on and sometimes I want SUF, but I cannot have "just" Pitbull on. SuF just won't go away. (as well as Auracle, but I just deleted it).
Any ideas what could possibly be causing this problem?
Have you tried looking through the general Saved Variables folder, not just the character ones? Sometimes stuff gets stored in there ...
Also, I've found with SUF that after making a lot of changes, I often have to reload the UI to get everything to register properly.
Another thing to try is use Tekkub's Ampere mod to double check what's actually loaded and what isn't. Ampere is a little easier to use and lets you load & unload mods without having to log in and out of your character. It can easily reload your UI too, when you swap your mods around.
I think the problem is fixed. Thank you all of you for your help, and especially Phanx, messing around iwth the addons.txt file in that character's folder fixed it, I believe. It wasn't set to read-only, but for some reason some of my random text files were being saved in the same folder and there were additions to addons.txt that seemed to be blocking anything further past that being read.