I am looking for a bag mod, and having quite a bit of difficulty finding one that has a few key features.
1) Item filter with separate, collapsible groups based on type (IE: armor, trash, consumables, quest items). Massive plus if these come pre-configured.
2) Compact (as can be with the above feature), in single window. I often play with my bags open to grab potions, quest items, or swap gear. I am out of action bar buttons!
3) Can recognize Blizzard equipment manager sets and filter them out. I have on average three armor sets per character and I am constantly accidentally selling gear if I don't filter it out.
Most addons I find either rely on manual or addon assisted sorting (bad when I have three armor sets plus a pile of trash greens and blues), or create quite a few windows and take up half my screen.
Baggins set to all in one mode basically does this, and I'd be happy to stick with it if instead someone can point me to some solutions with other issues I have with it.
1) Default filters are grossly out of date. I've heard rumor of another library that fixes this, but I've lost track of where that was said.
2) No filter or plugin available for equipment manager that I could find. I'm using item rack and the plugin for it now, but I'd like to migrate off it.
3) No bank bags and bugs with toggling the bank frame (alpha patch supposedly fixes the bug at least, which I will try).
4) No LDB entry for bags free. Minor issue, but I finally replaced all my Rock based addons so Fubar based addons are problem.
You could take a look at Luggage. It has many default filters (PeriodicTable optional), among them a filter for equipment sets. I'm not sure if it is compact enough for you. You'd have to cope with one more (short, depending on your bag setup) bar on your screen, but with the right bag setup, you can selectively show potions, gear, quest items, anything you can filter.
Unfortunately, it still has some bugs that (very rarely, I experience it about once a month) will hide half your items. If you try it out and find a way to reliably reproduce it (or any other bug for that matter), let me know, please.
I'm also still using Baggins and haven't found a good replacement based on what I want it for.
What I personally love about Baggins is the ability to group multiple subcategories into one 'bag'. That way I was able to setup filters showing all recipes in one bag sorted by profession or a bag showing all tradeskill mats sorted by type and such.
Baggins_LibFilter fixed up my biggest issues with Baggins for the moment, thanks for pointing that one out. Bank access is still wonky, but I rarely use my bank - I'm much more of a use or sell type of player.
I saw cargBags, but I didn't see any layouts that I liked. I was hoping to avoid hours of configuration.
I'll take a look at Luggage, I don't recall seeing that one in my searches.